Best in Franchise History - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Best in Franchise History

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:21 am

I can't believe nobody has posted in this forum since mid-November, 2004. That was nearly three months ago. :-t

Just for the record, Selmon would be my choice for top honors. Six straight Pro Bowls and the only member of the Bucs franchise to be immortalized in Canton. Sadly, his career was cut way too short by a back injury suffered in 1984. Nonetheless, he's my pick for best Bucs player of all-time.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:17 am

Brooks, easy. An impact defender... and a pivitol part of the defense. I am fully confident that without Derrick Brooks, there would be no Buccaneers heyday of 2002. Brooks is (especially back then) a top-tier LB... and one that makes OCs quiver.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:03 am

lee roy selmon. he was a freakin beast ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 24-Seville » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:32 pm

Lee Roy followed closely by Brooks.

Although he missed six games due to injuries as a rookie, he was named the Bucs’ Rookie of the Year and the team’s Most Valuable Player. He battled injuries during two of his first three seasons, but starting in 1978 he was named first- or second-team All-Pro five times. He also was also All-NFC choice five times, and was named to six straight Pro Bowls from 1980 to 1985. With four sacks, he was co-Player of the Game in the 1982 Pro Bowl.

Four times the NFL Players Association named Lee Roy the NFC Defensive Lineman of the Year and he was a unanimous choice as NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1979. Selmon was a major factor in the Bucs' first winning season, which was concluded with a 9-0 loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the 1979 NFC Championship Game. Lee Roy had 11 sacks and a career-best 117 tackles that year. He had three sacks in one game four times. A back injury, which forced him to miss the entire 1985 season, brought a premature end to his outstanding career.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
24-Seville
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:33 pm

24-Seville wrote:Lee Roy followed closely by Brooks.

Although he missed six games due to injuries as a rookie, he was named the Bucs’ Rookie of the Year and the team’s Most Valuable Player. He battled injuries during two of his first three seasons, but starting in 1978 he was named first- or second-team All-Pro five times. He also was also All-NFC choice five times, and was named to six straight Pro Bowls from 1980 to 1985. With four sacks, he was co-Player of the Game in the 1982 Pro Bowl.

Four times the NFL Players Association named Lee Roy the NFC Defensive Lineman of the Year and he was a unanimous choice as NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1979. Selmon was a major factor in the Bucs' first winning season, which was concluded with a 9-0 loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the 1979 NFC Championship Game. Lee Roy had 11 sacks and a career-best 117 tackles that year. He had three sacks in one game four times. A back injury, which forced him to miss the entire 1985 season, brought a premature end to his outstanding career.

nice post ;-D

welcome to the cafe bro...nice to see more bucs fans around these parts ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 24-Seville » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:20 pm

Thanks deluxe! I can't take credit though. I ripped that off of some Hall of Fame website. ;-)
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
24-Seville
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kooz Bay » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:24 am

Selmon was the best, followed by Brooks....but if you are looking at it as relative to the position played then you have to consider Alstott.
Kooz Bay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers