RBs 5-7 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RBs 5-7

Moderator: Football Moderators

RBs 5-7

Postby NittanyLions » Sun May 30, 2004 7:12 pm

Ive seen a ton of posts regarding this position but no posts where we actually debate all the rankings. How do you rank them? support your rankings.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun May 30, 2004 7:32 pm

1. Holmes
2. LT
3. Ahman
4. Portis
5. Alexander (As consistent and durable as they come, when i say consistent i dont mean yardage wise, i mean TD. one of the best RB's in the redzone, and seems to always find the endzone when getting carries in short yardage(more then i can say for many). last season i knew it was a lock with alexander to get 60 yards and 1 or 2 touchdowns....as miniscule and unspectacular as that might seem, it helped my fantasy team out tremendously...since a 1 point win in h2h standard leagues means just as much as a 60 point win) with this offense a year older/wiser, and noted by many as holmgrens 'payoff' year, with this team heading into there prime as a unit, i dont beleive we know how high alexanders ceiling is. they should get many more scoring oppurtunities....and i would compare alexanders potential this season to a year like emmitt smiths '95.

6. Duece Mcalister's versatality make him a threat to take one all the way everytime he touches the ball. he's no where near as consistent as alexander in my book, and not as good a pure runner, and a lack of durability at other skill positions has him as a bigger question mark then the previous 5 backs. doesnt get a TD week in and week out... but his 'hr' ability make him a very safe pick at #6. he's also a guy whose ceiling i believe is as high as any, he has the ability to have a ahman green like year.

7. Jamal Lewis - A safe bet to get as many if not more touches then anybody else in the league. being as important as he is to an offense make him invalueable to any team. his past injury issues lingure on his reputation, and his lack of any offensive support make each yard that much harder to earn. but his size/speed and vision are e rare commodity....and his offensive lines run blocking is as good as it comes. his lack of a passing game around him dont give him as many TD oppurtunities as some of the guys above him, and since he isn't a 'hr' type back, TD's are more scarce. but you can count on 100 yard games week in and week out. with a handfull of 150's thrown in the mix as well. He could go top 5 in my book, but is alot less of a risk at #7.

8. Ricky Williams
9. Edge James

and so on...
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Sun May 30, 2004 9:10 pm

exactly... thanks for typing that out for me.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Azrael » Sun May 30, 2004 11:07 pm

Yah, Deuce, Alexander, and Jamal are pretty much all going 5-7 in no specific order, usually Deuce is taken 5th. Once in a while you will see Ricky taken 7th instead of 8th.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 31, 2004 12:22 am

1. LT
2. Priest
3. Portis
4. Green

5. Deuce - I think hes the best here. His numbers were down last year. Im one of the believers that Brooks will rebound this year which will open it up for Deuce. I look for him to improve on his numbers from last year, especially TDs. And if the idiot of a coach gets fired, its as good as money in the bank.

6. Lewis - Why hes so low most of the time, I dont know. He broke 2000 yards for the love of god. Hes finalyl a full year removed from his injury and apparently doesnt have the slight hitch he had last year. Hes a bruiser and just from watching him play, loves to play the game. He doesnt catch nearly as much as Deuce, thats the only reason hes below. Plus tds in Baltimore are Lewis.

7. SA - I know I have him much lower than most. The reason is his contract. he has yet to resign and with a capable Morris as his backup, im not sure what will happen this year. I dont know the Hawks cap situation. But Id be worried that Morris may few a little more carries than usual to see if he could handle the load if SA was let go.

Thats how im seeing them.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 31, 2004 12:24 am

I'm liking fantasyfiend's list. That's how I rank 'em.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Ousmagic » Mon May 31, 2004 1:30 am

as of right now i have:

1.LT
2.priest
3.ahman
4.portis
5.jamal lewis
6.deuce
7.shaun alexander
8.edge
9. ricky williams

it will probably change a lot before my draft but thats where i have everyone right now
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MeShawn » Mon May 31, 2004 7:23 am

LT
Priest
----------
Portis
Ahman
Deuce
SA
Jamal
----------
Ricky
Edge
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Mon May 31, 2004 2:56 pm

5 - Jamal Lewis - He is a stud who gets consistent points each week. His offense is improved this year so his td #'s should increase.
-------------
6 - Ricky
7 - SA
8 - Duece

You could mix Ricky, SA, and Duece up since its hard to really predict which one will do better, they all should have very solid years. I have Ricky ahead of both of them because he has stud potential. He has the ability to get over 200 yds rushing and multiple td's in 1 game. Duece and SA will never and can never have games like that, there just not good enough RB'S to dominate like that.

Ricky can be a stud, SA and duece can not. Duece doesn't get enough td's. SA doesn't get enough touches to produce alot of yds.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 pm

Deuce, Ricky, Shaun
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk