Top Ten RBs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top Ten RBs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top Ten RBs...

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 31, 2004 6:22 pm

It seems that almost every year, the top ten RBs change. Assuming half of last years elite don't make a comeback into the top ten, who do you think will drop out and who do you think will emerge?

(Not sure if this should go into the Predictions Forum or not.) :-?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon May 31, 2004 6:26 pm

Jamal Lewis and Alexander drop out, Barlow and Henry replace them.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Mon May 31, 2004 6:29 pm

Assuming half get knocked out, I'd say Priest, Portis, J-Lew, Edge, and Fragile Fred. I actually am a big fan of all these backs (except J-Lew), but I think these are the 5 that are most likely to be knocked out of the top 10
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballfreak449 » Mon May 31, 2004 6:34 pm

I think Edge, Lewis, and Williams are gonna drop off, and DD, Rudi, and Barlow will replace..
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Go Vikes » Mon May 31, 2004 6:35 pm

Some that get knocked out. I think Faulk will be 15-20. Priest will be about 5th best. LT and CP will be the top RB's.

Shaun Alexander will be knocked out, Bennett will come in if he's not injured. Julius Jones will have the best yr for rookies.

Here are my rookie ratings for next yr.
1. Julius Jones
2. Kevin Jones
3. Tatum Bell
4. Chris Perry
5. Greg Jones

Career-wise
1. Steven Jackson
2. Tatum Bell
3. Kevin Jones
4. Chris Perry
5. Greg Jones
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Mon May 31, 2004 6:43 pm

I think Faulk and Dillon will be top 10 RBs (Faulk may already be on some boards but wasnt last year). Dropping out of the top 10 wil be Edge and Portis
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Mon May 31, 2004 6:47 pm

Flux wrote:I think Faulk and Dillon will be top 10 RBs (Faulk may already be on some boards but wasnt last year). Dropping out of the top 10 wil be Edge and Portis

Was Edge even top 10 last year? 13 games, but I guess he did put up good numbers when he did play.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Mon May 31, 2004 7:26 pm

I disagree with the guy who had rookie ratings.

Everyone seems to be real high on Julius Jones. Yes hes going to a team that will win more games, but that doesnt help him at ALL get good stats. The cowboys have not been able to run the ball for years now. (partly b/c of crappy backs) BUT also because of a CRAPPY running O Line. The cowboys also arent even a small threat in the air so teams stack the Box.

Kevin Jones on the other hand is stepping in where there has ONLY been a SEVERE lack of talent. His O line is capable, no one will take away his carries and teams MUST respect the passing game.

Also do NOT forget that Kevin Jones was a MUCH higher rated college back who FELL to the lions.

Gimme Kevin Jones ALL DAY
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 31, 2004 7:49 pm

Mooch has had a tendency over the last few years of going with a RBBC. Detroit has Artose Pinner, Shawn Bryson, and Olandis Gary on the roster still. Pinner is talented and Bryson/Gary are serviceable. There will likely be a RBBC in Detroit - and that is why Julius Jones is ranked high than him. Who is going to take carries away from him? Aside from Richie Anderson on third down, no one - unless you think Aveion Cason is a threat.

Anyway, it looks as if Fred Taylor will have his TDs vultured again, so I'm thinking he'll drop out of the top ten to be replaced by Domanick Davis.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon May 31, 2004 7:58 pm

Canacuna wrote:Mooch has had a tendency over the last few years of going with a RBBC. Detroit has Artose Pinner, Shawn Bryson, and Olandis Gary on the roster still. Pinner is talented and Bryson/Gary are serviceable. There will likely be a RBBC in Detroit - and that is why Julius Jones is ranked high than him. Who is going to take carries away from him? Aside from Richie Anderson on third down, no one - unless you think Aveion Cason is a threat.

Anyway, it looks as if Fred Taylor will have his TDs vultured again, so I'm thinking he'll drop out of the top ten to be replaced by Domanick Davis.

True, Mooch has gone RBBC so far in Detroit, but look what he had to work with. His only real RB (Stewart) was hurt, so he had to platoon Bryson, Gary, and (eventually) Pinner. With a good looking young kid like Kevin Jones, who knows.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk