Top Ten RBs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top Ten RBs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Mon May 31, 2004 8:50 pm

Kind of surprised I haven't seen anyone say Dillon will crack the top 10. He seems like a very likely candidate to overachieve and break into the top 10.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Mon May 31, 2004 8:54 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Kind of surprised I haven't seen anyone say Dillon will crack the top 10. He seems like a very likely candidate to overachieve and break into the top 10.

Er...Flux did mention Dillon.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon May 31, 2004 10:30 pm

Who were the top 10 last year?

I'm thinking it went something like

1. R. Williams
2. Portis
3. LT
4. Faulk
5. Deuce
6. Holmes
7. S. Alexander
8. Henry
9. Ahman
10. J-Lew

With the exception of a little order shifting only Henry and Faulk are not top 10 backs right now.

2002 went a little something like this

1. Faulk
2. Ahman
3. Alexander
4. Ricky
5. A-Train (lol)
6. C-Mart
7. LT
8. Dillon
9. Deuce
10. Holmes

Even going back this far 6 out of the 10 guys in the top 10 in 2004 were top 10 in 2002. I don't have anything from 2001 but it looks like the trend is that only 2 or 3 guys leave the top 10 from year to year.

I don't see too many guys leaving.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MCG321 » Mon May 31, 2004 10:36 pm

Azrael wrote:Who were the top 10 last year?

1. R. Williams
2. Portis
3. LT
4. Faulk
5. Deuce
6. Holmes
7. S. Alexander
8. Henry
9. Ahman
10. J-Lew

Er...I think you're getting your years confused. Ricky was a disappointment last year, Priest, LT, and Portis dominated, and Lewis had 2000+ rushing...not to mention Faulk was hurt most of the year. Might wanna re-check those stats.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Mon May 31, 2004 10:56 pm

He's talking about pre-draft rankings going into last season I do believe. Those look about right to last season's prerankings.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Mon May 31, 2004 11:06 pm

[quote=Canacuna]"Mooch has had a tendency over the last few years of going with a RBBC. Detroit has Artose Pinner, Shawn Bryson, and Olandis Gary on the roster still. Pinner is talented and Bryson/Gary are serviceable. There will likely be a RBBC in Detroit - and that is why Julius Jones is ranked high than him. Who is going to take carries away from him? Aside from Richie Anderson on third down, no one - unless you think Aveion Cason is a threat.
[/quote]

I keep hearing things about Mooch and I keep hearing things about Barlow. First off I hear that Barlow shouldn't be regarded that high because he couldn't shake off Hearst. He had his good games against poor teams last year etc. Then I hear that Mooch liked to play the RBBC. Well which is it? Either Barlow is not that good or Mooch liked the RBBC. Perhaps its both but I think it has to be one or the other and I wouldn't mind getting a consensus on which one it was ;)

If it was Mooch, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a RBBC in Det. If it was Barlow then unless Kevin and Bryson and all their other backs turn out to be miraculously even...well we will just have to see wont we ;)

As far as JuliusI would also rank him higher than Kevin for this very reason. We really dont know if it was Mooch or if it was Barlow at this point. Even still, after this season since niners passing game is probably going to be something like Baltimores last season :( there will be a lot of stacking against Barlow. The only thing we really have to judge is what we see when the Det backs share their time (if they do) who just out produces the others.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CornDevil13 » Mon May 31, 2004 11:18 pm

This is the way my stats show them finishing last year: Holmes, Green, Tomlinson, Lewis, Portis, Alexander, McAllister, Taylor, Williams, James.

My picks to drop out: Lewis and McAllister.

To be replaced by: Henry and Stephen Davis.
CornDevil13@aol.com
CornDevil13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GoVikes » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:08 am

I think Taylor won't be top 10. He'll get injured.
GoVikes

Friendliness: %

Postby Flux » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:57 am

MCG321 wrote:
Flux wrote:I think Faulk and Dillon will be top 10 RBs (Faulk may already be on some boards but wasnt last year). Dropping out of the top 10 wil be Edge and Portis

Was Edge even top 10 last year? 13 games, but I guess he did put up good numbers when he did play.

I dont know if James was in the top 10 or not, and I really didnt know if we were going by last years top 10 finishers or this years top 10 rankings. So I just pretended I knew what I was doing :-b

MCG321 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Kind of surprised I haven't seen anyone say Dillon will crack the top 10. He seems like a very likely candidate to overachieve and break into the top 10.

Er...Flux did mention Dillon.

Right on ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:29 pm

MCG321 wrote:
Azrael wrote:Who were the top 10 last year?

1. R. Williams
2. Portis
3. LT
4. Faulk
5. Deuce
6. Holmes
7. S. Alexander
8. Henry
9. Ahman
10. J-Lew

Er...I think you're getting your years confused. Ricky was a disappointment last year, Priest, LT, and Portis dominated, and Lewis had 2000+ rushing...not to mention Faulk was hurt most of the year. Might wanna re-check those stats.

Yah, those are pre-season rankings.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk