Top Ten RBs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top Ten RBs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Fender » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:20 pm

MCG321 wrote:
Azrael wrote:Who were the top 10 last year?

I'm thinking it went something like

1. R. Williams
2. Portis
3. LT
4. Faulk
5. Deuce
6. Holmes
7. S. Alexander
8. Henry
9. Ahman
10. J-Lew

Er...I think you're getting your years confused. Ricky was a disappointment last year, Priest, LT, and Portis dominated, and Lewis had 2000+ rushing...not to mention Faulk was hurt most of the year. Might wanna re-check those stats.

Most def.
[b][color=red]Double Trouble[/color][/b]
Fender
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:48 pm

I completely disagree with the person who said Priest will drop out of the top 10. He has been one of the top point scorers for two years running now. I can't imagine him being picked lower than 2nd in any draft and many arguments can be made for him going #1. I can see him putting up similar numbers as he did last year.

Friendliness: %

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:16 am

drop out: jlew and edge
replace: henry and faulk (unless he cracks the top ten on your boards)

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:31 am

This is the cafe's pre-season (pretty sure anyways) rankings from last year.

LaDainian Tomlinson
Ricky Williams
Marshall Faulk
Clinton Portis
Priest Holmes
Deuce McAllister
Shaun Alexander
Travis Henry
Edgerrin James
Ahman Green

Out of these guys... Henry is out, Faulk is out and I am not sure anyone has chimed in on this one... Deuce is out...maybe, he would be my long shot. I think Ricky and Edge have good years this year. No way Alexander drops out.. Seattle has too many weapons... the guy's numbers should be even better this year.

Moving up.. D. Davis.... I like him and I like what Houston is doing with there offense. Jamal I don't think (if he plays the full season) will miss the top 10. And a long shot pick is Bennett. If he is healthy, imo, he is much better than Smith and should get the carries. Even losing Goal line to Smith and screens to Moe he can crack the top 10.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:00 pm

There are a lot of things I don't understand so far in this thread.

1.) How does anyone think Holmes isn't the #1 pick next year? KC has made no big changes. Barring injury, no one can beat his fantasy production. LT is the best RB but SD has not made any improvements to warrant higher expectations than what he did last year.

2.) Travis Henry. Some say he will lose his job and others are saying he will be top 10. He did very well in the games he played in last season, but RBBC would ruin his chances of ending up top 10 this year.

3.) How can people say E.James won't be top 10? He's in a similar situation to SA. Lots of weapons. Also remember that he is only 1 year older than LT and he did average 97 yds per game in the games he played in last year.

4.) Dillon top 10? NE wins because of it's defense. It's offense is nothing to brag about and Dillon was injured essentially all of last year. Dillon in NE is intriguing but he is a longshot to break the top 10.

5.) Everyone is high on Portis and Deuce this year. Portis is a huge question mark for me since he is the one changing scenery. I have no idea how he will do but that alone gives him a better chance than most to be a bust. Deuce did not produce TD's last year. Have the Saints made any changes that will help him out this year? If not, why will he do better?

There are probably more things to ask about but these five are probably more than enough for now.
Thanks for any opinions.

Friendliness: %

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:02 pm

Sorry, that last post was mine. I just recently registered and forgot to log in.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:There are a lot of things I don't understand so far in this thread.

1.) How does anyone think Holmes isn't the #1 pick next year? KC has made no big changes. Barring injury, no one can beat his fantasy production. LT is the best RB but SD has not made any improvements to warrant higher expectations than what he did last year.

2.) Travis Henry. Some say he will lose his job and others are saying he will be top 10. He did very well in the games he played in last season, but RBBC would ruin his chances of ending up top 10 this year.

3.) How can people say E.James won't be top 10? He's in a similar situation to SA. Lots of weapons. Also remember that he is only 1 year older than LT and he did average 97 yds per game in the games he played in last year.

4.) Dillon top 10? NE wins because of it's defense. It's offense is nothing to brag about and Dillon was injured essentially all of last year. Dillon in NE is intriguing but he is a longshot to break the top 10.

5.) Everyone is high on Portis and Deuce this year. Portis is a huge question mark for me since he is the one changing scenery. I have no idea how he will do but that alone gives him a better chance than most to be a bust. Deuce did not produce TD's last year. Have the Saints made any changes that will help him out this year? If not, why will he do better?

There are probably more things to ask about but these five are probably more than enough for now.
Thanks for any opinions.

Welcome MrTwo94.

1. It is the injury scare that would drop him. Personally, I still have him #1, but those who drop him usually are concerned about his age and health. He did get diagnosed with a degenerative hip before last yr (if I recall correctly - please help if Im wrong), so it isnt like he's spotless. The same argument could be made of Marshall about 3-4 yrs ago.

2. No one knows for certain, but you nailed the issue. Very good RB with a #1 draft pick breathing down his neck. Henry could be a top 10 if given enough of the ball. Henry could be another RBBC waste if not. Your guess is as good as most anyone else's on this issue.

3. Again, its the injury history. Some also say he lost a step. Personally, I say he was huge during the 2nd half last yr, and I expect him to be a solid #9 or #10 with slight upside.

4. I agree. Top 10? I dont see it. A solid #2 - sure. He is a real interesting prospect this yr though - always had the talent - rarely had the team.

5A. I have warmed to Portis because of the Gibbs factor. I dont think he is as talented as his numbers from DEN indicate, but he will be in another good situation in WAS.

5B. TDs are an interesting stat - sometimes good players will just not get the ball over the goalline enough. Remember S. Davis in WAS 2 yrs ago? I dont have the stats in front of me, but what I remember was that the guy just couldnt find the endzone for the first 6-8 games of the yr, and there was really no explanation for it. I see Deuce as having a somewhat similar season last yr. His TD numbers were way down last yr, but I see that as an anomaly more than a trend.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bgndobe » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:00 pm

I've been watching the progress of McGhaee....I'm wondering how much he'll take away from Henry. I know he sat out all last year...but the Bills were actually letting him play the last couple games last year just to get him out there. I think if Henry falters at all McGhaee will be in there....and do well. Big IF though.

The TD stat comments are interesting....I had Barber last year. The guy barely scored any TDs....but got combined yards of >100 almost every game. He got at least 10 pts most weeks...but never frickin' scored. (BTW...I won't be takin' him this year though)
bgndobe Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bgndobe » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:01 pm

just read that over.....the Bills were "thinkin'" of letting him play!!!
bgndobe Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Go Vikes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:06 pm

These are my bold predictions

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edge
3. LT
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Ahman Green
6. Deuce McAllister