Top Ten RBs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top Ten RBs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:11 pm

William Green in the top 10. Put down the crack pipe bud. :-°
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:4.) Dillon top 10? NE wins because of it's defense. It's offense is nothing to brag about and Dillon was injured essentially all of last year. Dillon in NE is intriguing but he is a longshot to break the top 10.

Wouldnt a team who relies heavily on their D to win games, prefer a run oriented offense rather than a passing one? That would certainly keep the D fresh and take time off the clock.

NE's offense has been unable to actually run b/c their RBs weren't very good. Now they have a former pro-bowler in their handling the load.

Dillon was injured last year, but it wasnt like an ACL tear or a broken leg/ankle. He missed a few games but was well enough and tough enough to play (granted not at full strength). I dont see any lingering effects from his injury for this year.

Will he break the top 10? Who knows, but he has a better shot at it then most, and if he does get 300 carries, im sure he will.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:57 pm

William Green in the top 10 is nonsense. Lee Suggs showed a lot when he was in last year and it may be a battle for the starting RB job up in Cleveland and I think both will play in any event.

My top ten, off the top of my head....

1. Priest
2. Shaun Alexander
3. Ladanian
4. Ahman Green
5. Jamal Lewis
6. Clinton Portis
7. Stephen Davis
8. Ricky
9. Deuce McCalister
10.Edge

If a clear starter becomes known in Buffalo early in the season they will be top ten and knock one of these guys out. Taylor and Faulk both have a chance if healthy, and whoever runs the ball in Denver always has a chance too ;-D
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MrTwo94 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:23 pm

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll throw in my two cents now. Keep in mind these rankings are based on their fantasy points if not injured next year. Injuries are hard to predict so if you want to dock somebody a couple spots for injury risk, I'll leave that up to you.

1. Holmes - sorry, TD's are worth a lot, no one will get you close to his number
2. Tomlinson - how long can he be the only weapon and still produce? I'm guessing at least 1 more year
3. Green - safest #3 pick, 20 TD's last year
4. Portis - riskiest pick, less scoring opportunities (let's not forget that Was sucked last year)
5. Alexander - safest #5 pick, might even improve
6. McCallister - hopefully will score TD's like '02 w/yds like '03
7. Ricky - if he plays like '02 he'll be the steal of the draft
8. James - he's a stud and Indy scores a lot, possible steal
9. Lewis - he won't get 500 yds & 4 TD's vs. CLE, putting him inbetween '02 & '03 productions
10. Henry - I'm praying McGahee doesn't steal his job, he's too young to lose it

For what it's worth:
11. Faulk - possible steal, but getting old
12. D.Davis - young and unproven in an improving offense, risky
13. Dillon - also risky coming off injury into a relatively weak offense
14. S.Davis - solid RB, but getting old and couldn't find endzone last year
15. Taylor - same as S.Davis but 2 years younger
16. Johnson - did very well in place of Dillon, can he keep it up?
17. Barlow - will see a ton of carries but will SF ever even be in the redzone?

After that it gets really sketchy:
J.Jones
Staley
Barber
Bennet
Ducket
Martin
K.Jones
ugh....
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff