Sleeper QB's??? David Carr??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper QB's??? David Carr???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Go Vikes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:44 pm

Leftwich will be a top 5 QB in FF by the end of the season after next. 2005-06

For this year these are my sleeper QB's and where I rank them

1. Byron Leftwich 8-15He has the recievers he needs
2.Jeff Garcia 10-15 Proven
3. David Carr 12-16 Has the talent, but Andre J. is the only WR I like
4. Joey Harrington Has plenty of recievers to throw to, plus K. Jones should make opposing teams respect the run.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:54 pm

Do you think that Harrington just doesn't have the skill of the others, but he does have the receivers? I always thought his problems have been Offensive line, and injuries to the real receivers on the team and I think he could break out if everyone stays healthy. C. Rogers was putting up good numbers until he got hurt and when he did Harrington's numbers went down also. This year if R. Williams and Hakim are burning up the field with Rogers I think Harrington's numbers could skyrocket.

Also, I think a big X factor at QB is Carson Palmer, he has the receivers and no one can say a bad thing about him, but, obviously there are no games that he has played in yet.
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Go Vikes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:59 pm

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote:Do you think that Harrington just doesn't have the skill of the others, but he does have the receivers? I always thought his problems have been Offensive line, and injuries to the real receivers on the team and I think he could break out if everyone stays healthy. C. Rogers was putting up good numbers until he got hurt and when he did Harrington's numbers went down also. This year if R. Williams and Hakim are burning up the field with Rogers I think Harrington's numbers could skyrocket.

Also, I think a big X factor at QB is Carson Palmer, he has the receivers and no one can say a bad thing about him, but, obviously there are no games that he has played in yet.

I think he has just as good of skill, but he really hasn't been too good since he came. I think Lefty was good for a rookie, and should only improve. Last year he only had jimmy smith and did quite well.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:03 pm

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote:Do you think that Harrington just doesn't have the skill of the others, but he does have the receivers? I always thought his problems have been Offensive line, and injuries to the real receivers on the team and I think he could break out if everyone stays healthy. C. Rogers was putting up good numbers until he got hurt and when he did Harrington's numbers went down also. This year if R. Williams and Hakim are burning up the field with Rogers I think Harrington's numbers could skyrocket.

Most people fail to recognize that situation determines production many times, so they think Harrington isnt as good as Carr because he hasent done as well since entering the league. To me, that logic only makes Harrington that much better of a value pick. I hope more people discount him leading up to my draft. The fact that he literaly had the worst WRs and RBs in the NFL last yr shows me that looking solely at his past performance and using it to judge him for the upcoming season is going to draw a pretty flawed theory.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Guru » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:11 pm

Everybody has Leftwich as a sleeper QB.

My sleepers:
Brady
Garcia
-Both of these guys usually go 12/13 - Both of them have great value and can be had fairly late in the draft.

Harrington - With those weapons how can he not do well.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk