Looking for Dynasty Rules & Twists - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Looking for Dynasty Rules & Twists

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for Dynasty Rules & Twists

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:16 pm

I'm sick & tired of the standard dynasty league rules where you keep a bunch 'o folks on your roster & have a rookie draft every year. I'm looking for ideas to make the GM job of managing your team more like the NFL & overall more interesting.
One idea I've seen is when every team keeps 6 players & tags the rest of his players with a rd draft pick. If another owner wants a the player you tabbed with a 2nd rd pick off your roster, then he must give you his 2nd rd pick.

Any other ideas?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:44 pm

contracts with salaries and years. salary cap.rookie minumums. maximum# of years on contracts. penalties (25%) for cutting players.IDP's

-------------------------------------------------------
QB-2RB-3WR-TE-K-DT
QB's-McNair,Carr
RB's-JJones,KJones,Bennett,Westbrook,Garner,Brown,Fargas
WR's-Harrison,Owens,Fitzgerald,Lloyd,Reg.Williams
TE's-
k-
DT-Carolina
10 team,3 keeper
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Looking for Dynasty Rules & Twists

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:30 am

Anonymous wrote:I'm sick & tired of the standard dynasty league rules where you keep a bunch 'o folks on your roster & have a rookie draft every year. I'm looking for ideas to make the GM job of managing your team more like the NFL & overall more interesting.
One idea I've seen is when every team keeps 6 players & tags the rest of his players with a rd draft pick. If another owner wants a the player you tabbed with a 2nd rd pick off your roster, then he must give you his 2nd rd pick.

Any other ideas?

you can check out the Lg Info of the VXL down below. it's a lil twist on the Auction/Dynasty Lgs that involves IDP, Franchise Players, RFAs, Rookie Contracts and more. all of the info is posted at the top of the Lg Forum.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:58 am

To an extent I would love to add Individual defensive players in our league, problem is I don't think most would go for it. They are for simplicity.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:00 am

The dynasty league I'm in has a ton of twists:

At the end of each season, teams are awarded money in the form of "cyberbucks," last place gets the most, etc.

When you want to pick up a free agent, you bid this money on them. Top bid wins.

Each team must assign all their players a contract specifying the number of years before they become a restricted free agent, the catch is that the total number of years your contracts are worth may never exceed 35 for the whole team combined, and no player may have a contract length of more than 7 years.

At the end of the season, the years left on everyone's contract decreases by 1. Players who's contract is at 0 become Restricted Free Agents.

Of these RFA's, you may declare 1 on your team as your franchise player who is automatically resigned to your team (and the contract length you sign him to must be at least the length of the average contract length among the top 3 players at that position). You may also declare one transition player, for which during the RFA bidding process you must only match bids on this player rather than having to beat them.

Then, on May 1st, after the rookie draft, the RFA bidding process begins in which all RFA's not designated franchise players are open for bidding.

It adds a nice little twist because you have to strategize out your contract signing such that you don't have too many good players contracts running out in the same year since you can only franchise one per year, while at the same time keeping your total cap below 35 and conserving enough money and contract space to be able to sign free agents during the season.

Here is a link to the complete rules set, you may want to try it out:

http://www.webservicesplus.com/football/rules.htm
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:06 am

try adding just 1 dl and 1 lb. after one year with this, they will love it. but whether they do or not then you can either add more the following season or kick it out completely by vote. -------------------------------------------------------
QB-2RB-3WR-TE-K-DT
QB's-McNair,Carr
RB's-JJones,KJones,Bennett,Westbrook,Garner,Brown,Fargas
WR's-Harrison,Owens,Fitzgerald,Lloyd,Reg.Williams
TE's-
k-
DT-Carolina
10 team,3 keeper
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:13 pm

Free Bagel wrote:The dynasty league I'm in has a ton of twists:

At the end of each season, teams are awarded money in the form of "cyberbucks," last place gets the most, etc.

When you want to pick up a free agent, you bid this money on them. Top bid wins.

Each team must assign all their players a contract specifying the number of years before they become a restricted free agent, the catch is that the total number of years your contracts are worth may never exceed 35 for the whole team combined, and no player may have a contract length of more than 7 years.

At the end of the season, the years left on everyone's contract decreases by 1. Players who's contract is at 0 become Restricted Free Agents.

Of these RFA's, you may declare 1 on your team as your franchise player who is automatically resigned to your team (and the contract length you sign him to must be at least the length of the average contract length among the top 3 players at that position). You may also declare one transition player, for which during the RFA bidding process you must only match bids on this player rather than having to beat them.

Then, on May 1st, after the rookie draft, the RFA bidding process begins in which all RFA's not designated franchise players are open for bidding.

It adds a nice little twist because you have to strategize out your contract signing such that you don't have too many good players contracts running out in the same year since you can only franchise one per year, while at the same time keeping your total cap below 35 and conserving enough money and contract space to be able to sign free agents during the season.

Here is a link to the complete rules set, you may want to try it out:

http://www.webservicesplus.com/football/rules.htm

Very original, very in-depth. Sounds like a fun league!
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk