Cincinnati holds first pick in 2003 draft.....again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cincinnati holds first pick in 2003 draft.....again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cincinnati holds first pick in 2003 draft.....again

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:46 pm

Dec. 31, 2002) -- The Cincinnati Bengals will make the first choice of the 2003 National Football League Draft on April 26-27 in New York. The order of the 2003 draft was announced by the NFL.

The Bengals' choice will be followed by the Detroit Lions picking second and Houston Texans third.

Draft-order ties are resolved by the cumulative record of each team's opponents. The team with the weaker opponents receives drafting priority.

Within a tied segment, non-playoff clubs are given priority over playoff clubs. Priority of playoff clubs within a tied segment will be based on their advancement in the playoffs, but they will not drop out of their tied segment unless they participate in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl champion will select 32nd and the runner-up 31st.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:54 pm

heh, they need it !

Lets hear what Duke has to say about this.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:49 pm

I know what he won't say...."Hey, I think we need a new QB!!"

Way to go Cincy!!! I knew you could clinch that first pick!! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:07 pm

For real dough,wonder who's career they're gonna ruin this time.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:22 pm

it should be joy being the #1 pick in the draft, but i feel sorry for the guy who has to go to cincy.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:25 pm

until Brown steps down as the GM Cincy goes nowhere and they will take the #1 pick with them
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:52 pm

Yes, we all poke fun at the BUNGLES, and after all these years it's still a damn shame. You'd think that you'd want a winning organization but, in Cincy there seems to be no bright hope for the future. As long as the Bengals front office remains the same, it will not matter who is coaching the team.

To be deemed "LOSERS" for well over 13 years should get old to someone, but in Cincy we can expect the same. I think Cincy should clean house and get rid of all those QB's. Keep Kitna, get rid of Akili and Ferrotte. There is a ton of QB's in the Draft this year and I think they should go for one of em.

In recent Cincy Draft history, the Bengals have taken Levi Jones, Justin Smith, Peter Warrick, Akili Smith, Takeo Spikes, Reinard Wilson, Kijana Carter, Dan Wilkinson, John Copeland and David Klingler as their #1 picks over the last 10 seasons.

Most of these picks were not bad, Spikes and Justin Smith are solid players but, the rest of these picks were no better than 3rd or 4th round talent.

To truely understand why the Bengals suck, go here and check out their draft picks....There are a few that are still in the NFL but more than 75% of these players were never heard of ........ http://www.theredzone.org/draft_history/bengals.asp

we can be sure that this year won't be much different.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:03 pm

I agree w/ what Sioux City said. Kitna is a good leader for the offense, and as soon as he was inserted into the starting lineup, their offense went to absolutely horrible, to an offense that put up very solid points week after week. The only problem was that the defense let everyone and their mothers score all over them. We've got a bunch of b 8-o tches trying to cover guys in the secondary. One of them, whom they picked up last year from being a highschool teacher in Kentucky (as the jokes fly). That 1st pick scares me, because after all of these years, I know how Satan....I mean Mike Brown operates. He's infactuated by quarterbacks, but doesn't realize that you need a good system and offensive line to help a qb succeed. I think they should trade the pick and stock-pile picks, because there are a lot of holes to fill. One thing that is encouraging, is that we just interviewed Marvin Lewis today and just got permission to speak w/ Mike Malarkey (offensive coordinator for Steelers). I like both choices. I just pray Satan doesn't hire within the organization again, because all of the freaks within their organization are losers. We need a fresh attitude. But w/ Satan, nothing ever suprises me :-#
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:19 pm

Mularkey is awesome,I love his offense.That's B.S. that he will interview on Saturday.I don't like that,Sunday comes & he's thinkin' what he could do to turn around the Bengals with his current team in the midst of the play-offs,not cool.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:56 pm

Aw look at ya! Yer already coming up with excuses as to why your boyz lost the game!!!

I think the Bungles need all the help they can get!! Anyone will be a steup up from Lebeau (as long as the new person's last name isn't Brown). I agree with the draft picks stockpile. They need to put more interest into their D-backs and O-line. They aren't going to get anywhere without sweeping out the trash and bringing in some decent talent.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Next

Return to Football Talk