Cincinnati holds first pick in 2003 draft.....again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cincinnati holds first pick in 2003 draft.....again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:55 am

No excuses,just don't like it.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:34 am

Yeah, I really don't think coaches who are still in contention should be able to interview for coaching jobs until their season is over, which is what the league rules were until it was recently changed. Our local paper read that Cower is really pissed about him doing this interview, which I can't say I blame him. I think Mularkey is an awesome coach. He totally renovated the Steelers' offense when he arrived there. I personally like him over any of the other candidates, though the front office seems to be pimping Marvin Lewis pretty hard. Tom Coughlin is allegedly interviewing today, or very soon, which is another decent choice. That brings the candidates to Mularkey
Lewis
Coughlin
Jim Anderson (please god no!)
Mark Duffner (please god no!)
If you've never heard of the last two guys, it's because they are Bengals, and I want no part of them. The other three choices look pretty solid to me. It's our only hope here in Cincy.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Arlo » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:00 am

Landing Marvin Lewis would be terrific, and the others are excellent choices as well - coaches who would bring a breath of fresh air to the Bengals.

I agree that interviewing at this stage is ridiculous - this just might be the worst of the recent rules changes. Yeech...

(Note to Bengals' front office: trade the pick!)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slowkidz » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:22 am

Trading the pick has been the hometown chant for awhile now...well, for everyone except the Brown family. They're still deciding who gets the new opening...the lil brown eyed daughter or 2nd cousin Merle from West VA...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Football Talk