June players cut thread: - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

June players cut thread:

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:53 pm

TonySanta316 wrote:If Eddie dosn't restructure by the end of the week, I think he's getting cut. He may not of been cut on June 1st, but I'm sure it's coming.

This is what Rotoworld was saying a few days ago about the situation:
Rotoworld wrote:If Eddie George is released by the Titans, it isn't likely to happen right after June 1st.

Despite the rancor between the two sides, neither side has given up hope on getting a deal done. George would have to take a big pay cut, but it may be more money than he'll get anywhere else. Still, it's probably 50/50 that George stays at best.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:45 pm

I could see gardner coming back to the dolphins to shore up their dt rotation... Making their defense that much better.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:09 pm

I've heard in numerous places that Gardener is headed to Cincy to reunite with Marvin Lewis.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:59 am

QB Kurt Kittner, Giants

That's twice this offseason he's been waived. That tells you the kind of talent Atlanta was working with last season.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:56 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I've heard in numerous places that Gardener is headed to Cincy to reunite with Marvin Lewis.
yep, yep, yep ;-D (w/ my fingers crossed)
Gardener Expected today
http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/06...als04notes.html

Friday, June 4, 2004
Club expects Gardener today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DT must pass physical before signing

By Mark Curnutte
The Cincinnati Enquirer

Daryl Gardener is expected to arrive in Cincinnati today.

The free agent defensive tackle, released Wednesday by Denver, has agreed to a four-year contract with the Bengals and will sign it once he passes a physical.

There are some questions about the health of his back, but the Bengals are believed to have negotiated a deal that is low risk for a player of Gardener's high-end potential.

The agreed upon contract, worth $9.3 million, would pay Gardener $1.6 million in the first year if he earns playing time and statistical incentives. There is no signing bonus, and the remaining three years feature base salaries of roughly $2.5 million and are again laced with playing-time incentives.

Gardener played in Washington in 2002 when Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was Redskins defensive coordinator. Gardener posted a career-best 71 tackles and added four sacks that season. He was a Pro Bowl alternate.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby DUKE » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:58 am

Not that it matters to many, but OL Alex Sulfsted was cut by the Bengals yesterday. I hung out w/ him in a local bar in Cincy last year before the seaosn started and he is an extremely cool cat. I hope he signs w/ someone. He was w/ the Redskins before his stay in Cincy last year.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Previous

Return to Football Talk