Shortbus Passenger Goes Against Grain. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shortbus Passenger Goes Against Grain.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shortbus Passenger Goes Against Grain.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:58 am

This is one kid who definately stands above the rest.
Place "My kid is a Steeler fan." bumber sticker here->

OHIO FIFTH-GRADER PUNISHED FOR WEARING STEELERS COLORS ON BROWNS' SPIRIT DAY

Steelers fan getting last laugh

Thursday, September 16, 1999
By Gene Collier, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

The Steelers indicated yesterday they'd reach out to Ohio fifth-grader Eric Nutter, who was punished in his classroom for wearing a Kordell Stewart jersey on Browns' spirit day.

Club spokesman Ron Wahl said the team had taken several calls about the story, and would have some response, but that details would be not be made public.

Perhaps they'll invite Drew Carey to their offices and force him to do the laundry, but we won't speculate.

Eric told WKYC-TV in Cleveland that he got a phone call from Stewart. "He asked me how good I was doing in school and told me that if I have any more problems with his jersey that he'll come down and help me," Eric said.

Eric, 11, came home crying from Western Reserve Middle School in Collins, Ohio, on Friday because his teacher had made him turn his desk around and push it into a corner of the room -- approximating the distance traveled by the Cleveland offense in a 43-0 pasting by the Steelers Sunday night. Only when the straight-A student put on a Cleveland Indians shirt he'd brought for gym class was he permitted to turn his desk around.

Eric and his mother, Debbie, are lifelong Steelers fans, and obviously couldn't comply with the Browns theme.

Rivalries being not for the squeamish, they expected some disapproval from Eric's classmates, but figured it would stop short of school-enforced humiliation.

Western Reserve schools Superintendent Dennis Bahmer told the (Lorain, Ohio) Morning Journal that the teacher had been reprimanded and had apologized to Eric and his family, and that the district apologized as well, but that the teacher would not be suspended or subjected to additional discipline.

Robert Counts, Eric's stepfather, said the teacher's actions amounted to discrimination and that he was prepared to take the district to court.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:12 am

Kudos to the teacher for standing up for what she believes in!!! It was Brown's Spirit Day!!! Not "Let's put on any ol jersey from the back of the closet under the cat hair" Spirit Day!! The boy obviously has attention defeceit disorder and could not comprehend such a simple idea. And his parents, being steelers fans, probably r "sue-happy" and looking for any such cockamamy story to try to win themselves millions and move out of the 8mile-esque trailer park!!! Well go ahead and take it to court!! You know what I think...No I know they'll end up with a Dawg-pound regular as the judge (anybody really know what "Big Dawg" does for a living? I've got an idea!) and he will toss this family right out on their lil yeller behinds!!

BTW, kudos to the family for at least admitting that the lil kid needed to ride the shortbus...at least they got something right!!

(j/k GP....it was a nice story...i guess...you'll only have about a week of this...just enuf time for Cleveland to win and me to gloat!! ;-D )
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:47 am

Haha !! :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:24 pm

You gotta love what the teacher did, If I were teaching and it was Steelers day and some dorky kid (he'd have to be) was wearing a Cleveland Brownskid jersey, I'd have to pull out the 3 foot long paddle with the 20 holes in it and administer a lengthy beating and promptly suspend him for a week or two......hahahha......You gotta love this game!!!
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:30 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of some medieval torture,like that stretching contraption but a lengthy beating should suffice,hahaha.LMAO!
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:41 pm

nothing like good old trash talk to spice up the game, good luck to both the browns and steelers this week.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:27 am

Gotta do it Jay.I've been through the good & the bad with the Steelers and I have to represent no matter what the situation.I wouldn't expect any less from the Browns fans.Always a great rivalry,the playoffs just turn it up a notch.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:18 am

Gotta agree with the lil doggie on this one! These kinda matchups symbolize the very best football has to offer!! Hi tension, anxiety, and excitement!!! These games bring out the best, and worst, of the fans!! Trash talkin is the best way for a fan, as GP said, "to represent". And to top it off, we're talking playoffs now!!! Even better!!! I just can't wait for Sunday when all the lil brownie fans come staggering in here and lay the smack down on the lil boo-hooing steeler fans!!! What a great day it will be!!!!!!

Woof!! Woof!!! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Football Talk