Jags... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jags...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jags...

Postby footballfreak449 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:48 pm

Just call me Tony Reali because I have yet another AtH question. Do you buy or sell the Jags, with Leftwich at the helm, Freddy running the ball, and a great 1-2 punch at WR, making the playoffs, or even getting over the .500 mark?
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:51 pm

Yeah, I would buy the Jags. You didn't even mention Jacksonville's improved defense. I say they will be at least 8-8 and could have a shot at the play-offs.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:55 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, I would buy the Jags. You didn't even mention Jacksonville's improved defense. I say they will be at least 8-8 and could have a shot at the play-offs.

Well if Freddie's healthy, and Leftwich advances, I'd up VHawk's prediction and say at least 9-7 and in the playoffs. Nice looking D.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby smackthefirst » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:57 pm

Sorry but I gotta sell. Id love to see them make it. I just dont think it'll happen this year.

I think KC, Indy, Bal, and NE will win their divisions and get in. Unless McNair goes down, Tenn will have a better record than Jac (not by much) and will get one wild card.

Then it becomes a race between Mia, NYJ, and Jac IMO. I just can't see Jac beating them both out for the last wildcard.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:57 pm

i would have them just missing out of the playoffs but having a record taht is at least .500, just dont see thm making it

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:58 pm

Jacksonville has some high expectations and hopes for this year. I think they can realize them if that defense stays strong like it did at the end of last year. They're going to be in just about every game. Leftwich will just get better, Taylor is still awesome, and Jimmy Smith is a great consistent player that should be able to bring along their new receiver very easily.

They're going to be in the running for a wild card, and if they can pull off some big wins in the division they may be able to get there. It's going to be tough in that division next year!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:14 pm

Buy, they are definetly talented to be a Wild Card team. Even though there is little chance of them passing the Colts, I think they could give the declining Titans a run for their money,
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:06 pm

If there defense plays better than mediocre they have a chance. I see a 7-9 season in Jacksonville. It relies a lot on Reggie Williams's contribution this year.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dreadpaul » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:14 pm

I see them pulling off some upsets. Indy's offense, while impressive, is not unstoppable. Similarly, it's defense is weak. The Titans are likely to drop George and give the rock to one Chris Brown - effectively making them a one-dimensional offense (even if they don't drop George, his best days are behind him.)

While I don't see the Jags as a dominating team, I do see a lot of balance and potential.

I'll give'em 10-6 and a wild-card spot behind Indy winning the division.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:26 pm

/Woody Paige

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do I have to straighten you guys out? Sheeesh

SELLLLL

The Jags are only going to get caught in a rock and a hard place with the Colts on one side and the new found running game of Chris Brown, who will be an improvement, and the Titans.

They'll be lucky to see 8-8.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk