Jags... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jags...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:12 am

awwchrist wrote:/Woody Paige

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do I have to straighten you guys out? Sheeesh

SELLLLL

The Jags are only going to get caught in a rock and a hard place with the Colts on one side and the new found running game of Chris Brown, who will be an improvement, and the Titans.

They'll be lucky to see 8-8.

lol

funny stuff awww, and I completely agree.

While I do respect this team, and think they have a chance to make the playoffs, I just see too many questions that have to be answered correctly for them to get there.

Is Leftwich ready?
Is it Fred or Fraud?
Is JSmith ready for a comeback?
Why did they use a 2nd rd pick on Greg Jones when they have Fred and Toefield?
Is their D as good as it looked toward the end of last yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:41 pm

Buy, just based on Woody Paige's sell rating. I think the Jaguars will be an improved team with Williams and the maturation of myLeftwhich. Their D & O should play better with a full year of Del Rio's system in place. All I see holding them back would be injuries to key people, and you know who I'm talking about, or if there is any truth to the rumor that Del Rio has a chainsaw in the locker room for inspiration. Then things could get messy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The Guru » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:06 pm

Funny topic, but Around the Horn is one of the worst sports shows on TV.

That defense is good enough to carry them to the playoffs. I think Indy will have a down year, there defense is still horrible and its not improved at all.

I can see them winning there division.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:58 pm

Buy, everyone talks about their offense. Leftiwch should breakout and has 2 good WRs to throw to. Get that fragile tag OFF Fred, hes back. But the big thing is their defense. Jack Del Rio is a defensive minded coach. I think their DEF is exactly what they will need to fight in their division against the good offense. They improved on DEF in the offseason also. DW isnt great, but Favors was a good pickup
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:29 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Buy, everyone talks about their offense. Leftiwch should breakout and has 2 good WRs to throw to. Get that fragile tag OFF Fred, hes back. But the big thing is their defense. Jack Del Rio is a defensive minded coach. I think their DEF is exactly what they will need to fight in their division against the good offense. They improved on DEF in the offseason also. DW isnt great, but Favors was a good pickup

Amen, thats Downright Durable Fred Taylor you're talking about.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:38 pm

Then I can be Michael Holley and backup Woody...

I sell this for 2004. Jax is moving in the right direction, I think the "Fragile" tag can go, but they are handicapped by their division. Indy can win 13 games this year, Tennessee is going down but I don't see a collapse from a Jeff Fisher team, and Houston is also moving forward.

In the NFC, I'd say 9-7, but in the AFC 7-9 or 6-10. But they are getting there....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:01 pm

I think 7-9 and miss the playoffs. A lot of what ifs here. Fred Taylor needs to stay healthy. Jimmy is supposedly ready for a huge year...But questions still are there about Leftwich. Is REggie a #2 right now? SHould he be?

I do like the defense, and think they will keep them in many games. I think they may be a year away.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:53 pm

I would put my house on the Jags... They are looking like a really solid team...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby footballfreak449 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:58 pm

I think the one uanmious thing is that the Jags will not be walked all over this year... Good News!!! ;-D
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Dreadpaul » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:23 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:I would put my house on the Jags... They are looking like a really solid team...

Uh, does your house still have the wheels on it? If not, ripping that mobile home out of it's foundation could get messy in the event you're wrong.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk