Has Green Bay just gone stupid? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Has Green Bay just gone stupid?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:00 pm

wheres cheese... he needs to chime in on his beloved (yet garbage) packers.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:09 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:wheres cheese... he needs to chime in on his beloved (yet garbage) packers.

At least they made the playoffs (Yea Dolphins), I personally would like to have Couch as I think he could be a pretty good QB with some time to throw. However throwing a draft pick at the Brownies for him is a less than stellar idea. Wait until they release him and pick him up. Couch has an inflated value of himself, maybe once he's not getting offers across the board he'll wise up and see that he could have a really good thing in GB.

A note, on the Mike McKenzie situation, I think that the Packers should hold onto him until they can get a 1st round pick for him. 2nd round is not good enough for a corner of his calibre. God forbid he's part of a Couch trade.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballfreak449 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:00 pm

Mostly because they wouldn't want some other team to be making contact with the Browns to nab Couch. But, just because I can, I'm giving you "The Freak Breakdown of Couch"...

Tim Couch
Taken first overall several years ago, he has never shown us how good he can be, but obviously has some talent hidden some where. The key to his success is a good coach, with a good atmosphere around him. Good places he could go would be Green Bay, with Green running the ball, he would have little pressure. As well as Washington. Though he won't go here, or so it would seem, this is probably the best match for him. Coles and Gardner catching the ball, and Gibbs running it all, he would be set. Overall Outcome: '04 Packers, limited production, 756 yards 2 Touchdowns, 1 Interception. '05, 3213 yards 21 Touchdowns 14 Interceptions.
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk