Scoring System - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Scoring System

Moderator: Football Moderators

Scoring System

Postby madmike » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:26 pm

I'm a first year commish of a new league with CBS Sportsline. I'm toying with this basic scoring system. The QB 4/TD vs. 6/TD has me confused....will it skew QBs too high? I bumped up yards to 1 per 25 instead of 20 to knock QB down a bit. I thought the 6/TD for all made sense.

Passing 6/TD, 1 pt per 25 yards, -1 INT
Rushing 6/TD, 1 pt per 10 yards
Receiving 6/TD, 1 pt per 10 yards
DST 6/TD, 2 DFR, 2 INT, 1 SACK, sliding scale Points Against
Kicking sliding scale for length of FG

Just trying to not make any stupid mistake.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Scoring System

Postby nebbie2004 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:34 pm

madmike wrote:I'm a first year commish of a new league with CBS Sportsline. I'm toying with this basic scoring system. The QB 4/TD vs. 6/TD has me confused....will it skew QBs too high? I bumped up yards to 1 per 25 instead of 20 to knock QB down a bit. I thought the 6/TD for all made sense.

Passing 6/TD, 1 pt per 25 yards, -1 INT
Rushing 6/TD, 1 pt per 10 yards
Receiving 6/TD, 1 pt per 10 yards
DST 6/TD, 2 DFR, 2 INT, 1 SACK, sliding scale Points Against
Kicking sliding scale for length of FG

Just trying to not make any stupid mistake.

I want to join the league if you pay for CBS sportline... heh?
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:29 am

Six points for a passing TD will make guys like Manning, Culpepper, Hasselback more valuable than the best RBs. It will also slightly reduce the value of running QBs like Vick, McNabb, Brooks, Garcia, etc. In this system QB becomes a higher priority and should be drafted a lot earlier than usual.

For example:

A pretty good game for a QB, 250 yard game with 2 TDs, results in 22 points in this system. That translates into a 100 yard 2 TD performance for a RB.

Peyton Manning will average around this amount of points game in and game out. When is the last time you saw a RB average 2200yards/22TDs over his entire career.

I kind of like this idea because it forces teams to draft QBs more strategically instead of waiting until one falls into their lap in the middle of the draft.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby slowkidz » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:08 am

I have always played in Lgs that score 6pt/TD across the board. I don't know any differently, so I can't really speak on the 4pt/TD genre. Having said that, I do like the 6pt/TD format. It does place a little more emphasis on the QBs, and also helps some of the lower tier QBs. Throwing a TD and an INT will still result in positive points and not really take away from the game. JMHO.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:36 am

Slowkidz wrote:I have always played in Lgs that score 6pt/TD across the board. I don't know any differently, so I can't really speak on the 4pt/TD genre. Having said that, I do like the 6pt/TD format. It does place a little more emphasis on the QBs, and also helps some of the lower tier QBs. Throwing a TD and an INT will still result in positive points and not really take away from the game. JMHO.

Im with you on this too. I may say things should be different if you can start 2 QBs, but w/ only one, you really need to give these guys some more points to even things out by position.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk