What to do with 15-20 owners? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to do with 15-20 owners?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do with 15-20 owners?

Postby Chow » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:05 am

Hey all - I have 15-20 owners interested in joining my league and trying to find a way to include everyone. Is there anything other than 2 leagues that I can do?

Thanks.
DC
Chow

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:04 am

Well, you can have a 20-team fantasy league...that's really going to force people to dig deep for players and will result in MAJOR sleeper picking depending on the size of your roster. I know some Cafe members have participated in such leagues.

Other than that, you'll have to make two eight-team or two ten-team leagues.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby arrbez » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

you could make 2 leagues and have the winners of each league play off for the world series at the end of the year. i guess the playoffs would have to start a week earlier...
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby converge241 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:48 am

you could have 2 leagues like arbez said

OR

2 confrences and each can only draft afc players or nfc players

OR 2 confrences but each confrence has access to all players (and allow duplication 2 seperate drafts)
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Poobah » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:56 am

I did a 20-team league one year. We had two conferences, separate drafts, and duplicated player pools. The drafts were fun, everything else seemed a little forced.

By the next year we were down to 14.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:06 am

20 teamers are fun....it gives the guy with the most knowledge an upper hand....and its just more closer to reality....you cant have studs at every position, so you do draft a guy like a Najeh Davenport in hopes of a TD....and like any NFL team, you decide where your strength will be, cuz you cant be strong everywhere.

After doinga league like that you get to know every #4 or #5 WR for every team and every depth chart is read to its fullest.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby th3ma7r1x » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:09 am

arrbez wrote:you could make 2 leagues and have the winners of each league play off for the world series at the end of the year. i guess the playoffs would have to start a week earlier...

Good idea ;-D
th3ma7r1x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:09 am

I think it would be neat being in a league that big. I also like the AFC vs NFC type setup, but the player pool would be pretty thin..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:26 am

I took part in a standard 20 man league a few yrs ago, what a mess. In the end no one was happy and we never repeated it.

I guess you could include IDP's and arrange the scoring so that they equaled the output of a top RB or WR? thats not easy though. :-?

Its a mess waiting to happen, I tell ya :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

20 teams - don't do it

Postby The Lung » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:58 am

Bad, bad idea, in my opinion. More owners than 11 or 12, and some unlucky soul gets stuck with Andre Davis as his No. 1 receiver. (Fantasy veterans and Cleveland Browns fans know that's not a good thing.) There is only so much good talent in the NFL to go around and with too many owners you can get stuck with a bunch of waterboys on your team. You may even have to use players that aren't starters, and it's just no fun to find out on Sunday night that your guy didn't even play and you got zero points for him that week.

Split the league into two 10-owner conferences, with separate drafts. Have the top four in each conference play off in weeks 15 and 16, and the conference champions can play against each other in week 17.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk