What to do with 15-20 owners? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to do with 15-20 owners?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin' » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:59 am

i have been in a 16 team keeper league for about 6 years now. and i love it!!! i consider myself a knowledgeable fantasy footballer therefore i usually do pretty good. you have to know your stuff, i will tell you that.
last year, the biggest moron in the league won it because he had j.lewis then picked up boldin off waivers and aquired moss in a trade from a team that was dumping guys because that team was out of it already.
i don't think it is that big of a deal. if we had 20 guys, i think it would still be fun. you just have to know almost all the guys in the league. of course you are going to have spots where your team is weak but that is the fun of it. i find 8 team leagues stupid. every team has a stud at every position. that isn't fun to me at all. there is no managing involved when you play the same studs every week. with more teams, there is more manageing.
go with a regular 20 team league and just make sure all the guys are prepared for the amount of guys that will be drafted. it will be a blast. break it up into divisions and put friends/enemies in the same division to make it more fun.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:58 pm

I wish our league had 20 able players to choose from... I think you will have to go with 2 league cuz 20 is a whole lot of teams... Guys will be starting guys like William Green and TJ Duckett as their number 1ns (overexageration but u get the point)

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:39 pm

Split it into 2 conferences. Have 2 conferences each do a draft. If championship ends up having some of the same players in it, so be it. That would be fun.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Fender » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:45 pm

That's far too many. 10-12 would be ideal. :-°
[b][color=red]Double Trouble[/color][/b]
Fender
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:57 pm

Azrael wrote:Split it into 2 conferences. Have 2 conferences each do a draft. If championship ends up having some of the same players in it, so be it. That would be fun.

That actually a great I dea I was thinking along the same lines play a championship at the end.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Acme Rockets » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:24 pm

I run a 24 team league. We have 2 conferences with seperate draft pools. We even have interconference play. Championship is always the winner of conference A vs. winner of conference B. I have done so for 5 years now and I and the other owners lover it. Check it out if you like.
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dreadpaul » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:11 pm

I'm in the middle of a 16 person draft right now and think it's great. Filling each position with talent is a challenge, but definitely worth it.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk