Shhh let this guy sleep - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shhh let this guy sleep

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:26 pm

I wouldn't mind having Moulds on my team. He was injured most of last year, and it is an even year (probably the dumbest reason to base a ranking off of, but I'll go ahead and include it anyway).

Drew Bledsoe on the other hand... I'm a fan of his (Go Cougs, y0), but I don't really want him on my fantasy team.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:43 pm

Does anyone feel like crap this time of time? Everyone's in the best condition of their career, everyone's been lifting weights all offseason. I want to hear from someone who's sat on the couch all offseason and ate donuts. I don't put much credence in these reports.

Friendliness: %

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:49 pm

My season prety much hinges on Mould producing so I hope he is really healthy... And about him getting bigger, I can only think of two other receivers that were more physically intimidating than him before (Owen and Boston) So if hes even bigger now hes gonna be really dangerous.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:31 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:My season prety much hinges on Mould producing so I hope he is really healthy... And about him getting bigger, I can only think of two other receivers that were more physically intimidating than him before (Owen and Boston) So if hes even bigger now hes gonna be really dangerous.

good you mention Boston, just because your bigger doesn't mean your more productive in any position me thinks. as for moulds production this year..still undecided
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dreadpaul » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:18 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:...I don't think Bledsoe will have that great of a year. But as a backup QB on your squad he wouldn't be too bad.

I'm gonna take it one step further - as a backup QB on YOUR squad, Bledsoe would be great ... for me.

The best years of Bledsoe are behind him. I can't believe that the return of Moulds is gonna make the Bills offense or Bledsoe himself that much better.
Our purpose on this planet is to laugh. For in Hell we shall not be able to and in Heaven it would not be proper.
Dreadpaul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Shhh let this guy sleep

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:40 pm

nsulham wrote:I know he's not exactly a sleeper but the production he can give you if he's indeed back, compared to where he'll be picked in a lot of drafts, is great value---we're looking at a possible Top 5 guy who could be had a good bit later.

He normally went in the second or early third round of last years drafts and despite the groin injury you may be able to get him a full-round later, but not much further than that.

I'd be happy taking him in the early 4th.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:06 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:i am on the side that he has lost it.

I'll take it a step further and say he never had it fantasy wise. Look over his career stats. Only three times in ten seasons was he above average. He usually threw for a lot of yards, but 3900 yards 19 TDs and 21 TDs will put you in the #13-14 spot overall. Quincy Carter finished 14th last season.

Drew Bledsoe is good for the fantasy stats of his WRs, but he is only average at best as a fantasy QB. He's on my no draft list, especially the way Buffalo has played down the stretch lately.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:20 am

Ive seen Moulds left out of top 20 WR lists already this yr, and all I can do is hope more people overlook him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:38 am

I think Bledsoe and Moulds will rebound this year. Our O-line is going to be better with a year under their belt, we likely will pick up a cut o-lineman for depth or as a starter, and we picked up Jason Peters, a 328lb TE from Arkansas as an undrafted FA right after the draft. He can block a little bit. The running, catching, and throwing part of the Bills offense will all work better this year. Go Bills and definitely try to steal Moulds.
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk