Testaverde a Cowboy, could start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Testaverde a Cowboy, could start

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:17 pm

I'm sure Bill Parcells would be pretty pissed if he had to resort to starting Vinny. He should be expecting some improvement from Quincy Carter, and I think Quincy will do enough to impress.

Methinks Vinny was signed to mentor Drew Henson from the sidelines.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:44 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Vinnie, Keyshawn, Parcells, why can't Martin go there now?

Yeah, he looks like he's trying to reform the Jets from a while back...I think he's just tired of teaching another QB and other players his scheme of play. It's always nice to have guys around that are familiar with the style and flow of a coach's game plan - this could work out well for the young Cowboys.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:19 am

Vinny Testeverde won't be able to play QB ever again in the league because of those back pains he has. This was just to keep a fire lit under Quincy I'm thinking.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:02 am

Unless Quincy Carter got a visit from the Lombardi-genie and wished for more accurate passing ability, I'd still rather have Vinny T behind center. He did well for his age when Penny went down last year. Though I do agree, he's essentially a on-the-roster QB coach.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:41 am

I think it will be hard for Vinnie to play to the level he was capable of. Dallas o-line has struggled at times (perhaps an understatement) and 40 year old legs won't escape many blitzes. That said, Carter is doing everything possible to not distance himself from Vinnie or anyone else and show he is capable of winning and leading this team.

Looking at his wins last year, 5 of the 10 wins were against NY Giants, Washington, and Detroit. Those are all games he should have been expected to win IMO.

If he struggles this year, I think Parcells now will pull him.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:55 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Vinnie, Keyshawn, Parcells, why can't Martin go there now?

Exactly.

Im just suprised to see Vinny Testacle is still a part of the NFL.

Parcells isnt hiding his feelings on Quincy very much, is he? I think I saw a flier at the supermarket that was trying to get old highschool QBs to go down and give it a try in Dallas.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk