So who's going to win it all? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So who's going to win it all?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So who's going to win it all?

Postby Arlo » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:52 pm

No, I'm not talking about the Browns-Steelers game... (Man, I wish I could get every rabid Cleveland or Pittsburgh fan on this board a ticket to that one :-D )

I'm talking about the Super Bowl! Quick, before the playoffs kick off: who takes home the rings?

Even though they could bow out against the Giants, I like the Niners to top Oakland in the final... If their defense plays anywhere close to the level they showed in the Kansas City game, San Francisco should be able to hold their own against any opponent. Of course, that's a considerable if...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:56 pm

I like the Raiders....and what a way for Gannon to end a season! An MVP and SB Ring...possibly a SB MVP too!! They've got their game together right now, and Gannon is slinging that ball real well. I think they stand a very good chance of brining the trophy home this year!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:08 pm

49ers all the way! They will prove this week how powerful that offence really is, and march all the way to the big game. In the AFC I think the Raiders will go and bow to the niners in a very high scoring Superbowl. SB MVP....Garcia, as he finally proves he can hang with Montana and Young.

Don't get me wrong here Montana and Young are in a class of their own. Garcia is just beginning to show that he is the "Next Generation" (no pun intended to all us Trekies) of great SF quarterbacks.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:26 pm

I think Oakland is the team to beat. They are well over their mid-season swoon and are looking good. I just don't see the 49ers going all the way. I don't see the Giants, Packers, Falcons, Eagles, or Bucs going all the way either, but somebody's got to from the NFC right? :-)
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:34 pm

AFC championship game - Jets @ Pittsburgh
NFC Championship game - Giants @ G.B.

Super Bowl - G.B. vs. Pittsburgh

Champions - STEELERS
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:51 pm

i dont really have any team in mind that i think will win, but i'd like to see the jets, giants, or falcons do well.

also if favre were to win and then hang up his cleats, that would be fine by me, for him to go out on top.

i just hope all the games are very close and are entertaining to watch.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:02 pm

Heartpick-I gotta go with my Steelers over their cross-state rivals by 10.

Brainpick-There is no clear cut favorite in my book,this season has certainly warranted the ol' cliche...Any Given Sunday!

There ya go,I'm pickin' Steamin' Willie Beamen & the Miami Sharks.

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:02 pm

ive got a feeling about the titans. got their heart broke by the rams a few years back... i think they might have what it takes.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thelongestyard » Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:57 am

Steelers and Falcons in the Super Bowl and a TIIIIEEEEEEE...Nah, just kidding. With a newfound running game to go with their potent passing game, the Raiders should ride their homefield advantage, which would include San Diego. Not so fast, though. The Raiders will be worn down by the Titans in the AFC Championship and be faced with a tough matchup vs the Eagles. McNabb will run the width of the field three times on two sprained ankles and a left torn mcl before connecting with David Akers in the end zone on the last play of the game on a fake FG. Hey, it is California, right?....Hollywood time. Philadelphia 23 Oakland 20, and I can not stand the Eagles.....
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk