whats the better game? madden or ncaa football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

whats the better game? madden or ncaa football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:55 pm

hayesb26 wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Nittany and Hayes, you guys are both retarded.

They can't put the names into the college football games because the college football players don't have a player's association. They don't have a player's association because they are amateurs. Having a player's association breaks their amateur status. Got it? So stop whining, you can see their names when they go pro.

I don't know who the hell you are, but why don't you actually read my damn post! I said that they "can't" have the player names. I know about the PA and all of that, I'm not a moron. Obviously somebody needs to learn how to read before running his mouth :-t

Anyways, this is a discussion about two games and which is better. You did nothing to contribute to the discussion, so get out!

0wnzered, y0.

I like Madden over NCAA Football. I'll keep my reasoning to myself in an effort to avoid being called "retarded" by some misc. Vikings fan who can't seem to comprehend the English language.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:57 pm

I have never played NCAA, but I know Madden is the sh1t. There are some definte quirks with it tho.

If I might, however, change the voting since it seems Madden is unanimous, whats the vote on ESPN to Madden? I think the defense is more intelligent, animations are more real, and everything looks more crisp (better graphics) in ESPN then does Madden. however, it feels like the players are running on a grid and not free flowing like they are in madden. for that, Madden is still ranked higher in my book.

On a side note, ESPN is going to sell NFL 2k5 (back to the 2kx names) for $20 new. I don't understand this but I will definately buy it once released for only $20
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:14 am

proKrastinate wrote:If I might, however, change the voting since it seems Madden is unanimous, whats the vote on ESPN to Madden? I think the defense is more intelligent, animations are more real, and everything looks more crisp (better graphics) in ESPN then does Madden. however, it feels like the players are running on a grid and not free flowing like they are in madden. for that, Madden is still ranked higher in my book.

On a side note, ESPN is going to sell NFL 2k5 (back to the 2kx names) for $20 new. I don't understand this but I will definately buy it once released for only $20

I took a couple years off of Madden because the NFL2K series really impressed me. However, the 2K series just hasn't improved enough over the years. Instead of adding new options in the franchise mode like Madden has done, they offer extras like "Cribs" and first person football. Pssh, I'll pass. I want new additions that actually add to the franchise - not gimmicks.

The last couple of years I've been buying both Madden and ESPN/NFL2K a little late for $20 a piece. I'll buy NFL2K5 right away since it's a good deal, but in the end, I think that Madden will be the better game (again).
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jjdub » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:32 am

I think overall Madden is better (looks, AI, gameplay), but I really like the option plays in NCAA.
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:34 am

LMAO...I've gone back and forth between enjoying 1 more each year...this year it was Madden, Last year it was NCAA, year before that it was Madden...

I get involved in NCAA dynasties more than franchises, but I like Madden's gameplay a lot better.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Stingy D » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:08 am

NCAA has too many bugs. I once had the AI punt the ball from the 1 yard line... MY one yard line!!! A friend said he had a receiver catch the ball in the end zone, get hit, and "fumble." Uhm, NCAA developers, if a receiver has possession of the ball in the end zone, it is an instant TD, play is dead. You cannot catch a ball in the end zone and fumble it. Either it's a TD or an incomplete!

As far as pure game play, I give the nod to Madden. I really loved NFL2K3. I didn't even check the ESPN game this year, cos I only have the Cube.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:53 am

proKrastinate wrote:On a side note, ESPN is going to sell NFL 2k5 (back to the 2kx names) for $20 new. I don't understand this but I will definately buy it once released for only $20

I think you just answered your own question...

deftdelivery wrote:I get involved in NCAA dynasties more than franchises, but I like Madden's gameplay a lot better.

I'll agree with this. I think it most likely has something to do with the fact that most people are much more "diehard" fans of their alma matters then their pro teams.[/b]
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:22 am

its madden all the way for me. im not that into the college football plus the lack of names really turns me off

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:06 pm

They can't put the names into the college football games because the college football players don't have a player's association. They don't have a player's association because they are amateurs. Having a player's association breaks their amateur status. Got it? So stop whining, you can see their names when they go pro.

I know that, I never said the cant, i just said they dont. I know exactly what they are doing, how about keeping it cool, no name calling. Eventhough you are the one who made the mistake of assuming we didnt know, but we did, I expect an apology.

EDIT: added a comma and a period so it doesnt run on ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:02 pm

The player modles in NCAA are much better but verall I would say madden is the better game.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games