Free Agent WR's! Who should I pick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Free Agent WR's! Who should I pick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Agent WR's! Who should I pick?

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:19 am

I'm not a trading-man. I like to keep my good players to myself and it's hard for me to make trades. So I usually dip into the free agency pool every... hour or so. Haha. I was wondering... who should I pick up from Free Agency as a WR? I have... a somewhat poor WR-core. Bad draft. Don't diss. Here's who all I've got. I'm looking for a strong consistent WR. Who should I drop and pick up if there are any good Free Agents out there...

Antonio Freeman - I picked him because he'll be a big mid and late-season player(I think).

Brain Finneran - He should have a great year this year at WR and if he doesn't... I always have Willie Jackson for backup.

Troy Brown - He's just Troy Brown.

James Thrash - Good year last year. I think his number'll drop after Freeman gets a good grasp of Reid's offense. So Imma keep him til mid-season unless if he numbers stay consistent.

Bill Schroeder - Great WR, but the lack of consistent and experienced QB's troubles me.

Who should I add and who should I drop to make sure my WR-core stay up? Any help?
Sam

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:35 am

I'm in the same boat as you, I hate making trades.

I don't think your WRs are THAT bad, but yes there could be some improvement.

One thing that will help is to look at your free agent list and see how many #1 and #2 WRs are out there... Then post your ad-hoc list here and we'll see what we can suggest. Rather than state who would be good to have and you coming back saying 'he's not available', make that list and post it.

Since you're a waiver wire freak, just keep up on the news and be prepared to grab players when the starters in front of them get injured.

Keep a depth chart site handy to know the pecking order. This one's my favorite:

http://fftoday.com/depth/depth.html
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:00 am

Okay, here's my top 15 I've found and what I think of em. But Imma check out that depth charts site though. Thanx for the help.

Robinson, Marcus - Injury! Injury! Injury! And even if he does begin to improve... it won't be til sometime near the end of October. I can't wait that long, but I know someone will.
Patten, David - He was starting on my roster, but I dropped him for Finneran.
Crowell, Germane - His knee injury will shut him down for the season.
Stokes, J.J. - Too damn inconsistent! There are some guys you start for just one week and that's it, but I'm afraid to start him for just one week out of the season because he might get -3 pts. in the week!
Proehl, Ricky - I don't know. Seems too risky with that hamstring problem. And he's not that big of a bigtime playmaker, but with Warner... he can be. Dunno?!?!
Robinson, Koren - Folks think this'll be his breakthrough year, but then again... they said that about last year. Darrell Jackson's all over Seattle.
Morgan, Quincy - He's a thought. He's making a name for himself, but he's not a bigname wideout. So I don't really know how he'll do.
Gadsden, Oronde - Great WR for Miami. But we all know who'll get most of the catches. But still... he's not as solid but he's there.
Moss, Santana - I don't know know what to say about Moss. He's always on the IR and he takes up my player spots.
Chrebet, Wayne - He's consistent. Hell... I even have him on my other fantasy team(via Draft), but... he's a backup and he's only good for about 4 or 5 games out of the 16. He's questionable, but he puts up solid numbers. Enough to win at least.
Jurevicius, Joe - They say they're gonna open up the Jets' offense with Moss, Chrebet, and Joey... Moss'll stay injured somehow. Don't matter if it's a broken pinky or a hangnail... he'll stay injured. Wayne'll get his time in the sun. But... Joe, I don't know about Joe. He's just... Joe.
Westbrook, Michael - He might be a really good pickup since Gus is now the new starting QB. The Bengals' Offense is supposed to really click this season. That brings to mind of picking up Warrick and Gus.
Taylor, Travis - He might be a good pickup. Number 1 in depth charts, but... Redman might not throw well and Blake probably won't appear until at least the 3rd game of the season.
Scott,Darney - No! No! No!
Sanders, Frank - Very questionable.
Sam

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk