edge is most overrated rb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

edge is most overrated rb

Moderator: Football Moderators

edge is most overrated rb

Postby irishboy » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:30 pm

edge had that one amazing season before his injury but since then he has been just an avergage qb. true that his injury really took a toll on his ability but he hasn't recovered that much. hes only put up average numbers recently, especially with harrison and the rising stokely.

i just dont think hes that good anymore
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: edge is most overrated rb

Postby kid a » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:45 pm

irishboy wrote:edge had that one amazing season before his injury but since then he has been just an avergage qb. true that his injury really took a toll on his ability but he hasn't recovered that much. hes only put up average numbers recently, especially with harrison and the rising stokely.

I'll agree with this. I thought he'd be the freak of nature that would completely overcome the ACL tear, but no dice. I was high on him last year but never got him. I'm pretty glad as none of the Edge-owners in my leagues made the playoffs.

I think he's a good fit for the Colts and is still talented, but he's lost a step and his days of consistant fantasy production are over. I'm avoiding him.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MikeKid » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:47 pm

irishboy wrote:edge had that one amazing season before his injury but since then he has been just an avergage qb. true that his injury really took a toll on his ability but he hasn't recovered that much. hes only put up average numbers recently, especially with harrison and the rising stokely.

In just last season, where he only played something like 13 games, rushed for 1300 and 10 TDs. He also receives like a 2-3 tier TE. In his better years, he can receive like a top teir TE. Hardly overrated. If he can get through a whole season, he is GOD

But yes, his inability to get a full season in drops his stock considerably.
MikeKid
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:27 pm

irishboy wrote:edge had that one amazing season before his injury but since then he has been just an avergage qb.

well you really cant blame him, seeing he doesnt get that many opportunities to throw the ball...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:29 pm

He'll still put up some decent numbers, but he's definitely lost something. He just doesn't have that old burst to get him through sometimes. He's still a fine RB, he's just not the elite player he looked like he was going to become.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:32 pm

I would have responded to defend him, but your argument was so compelling I've changed my mind. I'm now dropping him in my rankings to the 33th best RB.....I mean QB.
;-7
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:38 pm

In a modest scoring system, you'll find that his PPG last season were the same as Jamal Lewis'.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:00 pm

I would drop him considerably in TD distance leagues. 8 of his TD's were 5 yards or less. Personally I like my #1 RB's explosive, able to break the 50 yarder at any time. I doubt this will ever be the case for James again but as long as he is in Indy and the receivers are tackled just short of the stripe he will put up solid FF numbers.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:02 pm

I think he is right where he should be. He got more games in last year than normal, and being healthy, he could easily retain his spot in the top 10. But what do I know, he sucks, dont draft him, hes the worst RB to draft.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:05 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:I would drop him considerably in TD distance leagues. 8 of his TD's were 5 yards or less. Personally I like my #1 RB's explosive, able to break the 50 yarder at any time. I doubt this will ever be the case for James again but as long as he is in Indy and the receivers are tackled just short of the stripe he will put up solid FF numbers.

If you put that much emphasis on long TDs then you should probably drop Priest Holmes out of the top 10. :-[

He was healthy near the end of the year and if extrapolate his stats he would have finished with about 1550 yards rushing, 14 TDs, and 360 yards receiving, I have pretty high hopes for him next year, and I definetly wouldn't mind grabbing him at the #9 slot.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk