edge is most overrated rb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

edge is most overrated rb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:14 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Overrated RB?...Portis.

That's right,I said it...can't say it enough.

If any top 10 RB is overrated right now, it has to be LT2. I'm shocked at the short term memories of some fantasy owners.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:44 am

I don't understand 2 things here.

1) Edge overrated? He is rated roughly (maybe a spot high/lo) at #9... who would be ahead of him. Henry, S. Davis, D. Davis?

2) Most over rated RB... LT2??? from you King Gidrha... PLease explain. I can understand maybe switching positions up with Priest but that ain't overrated. 1 or 2... no lower. Has to be a joke...right?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:44 am

The Guru wrote:
MCG321 wrote:
Cals18 wrote:Top 10 RB

1. LT
2. The Priest
3. Clinton Portis
4. Deuce McAllister
5. Ahman Green
6. Shaun Alexander
7. Edgerrin James
8. Fragile Fred
9. Kevan Barlow
10. Domanick Davis

These are just ,y opinion. They do not reflect the opinons of other FSU fans.

Where do you have Jamal?

No Jamal in the top 10?

your kidding right?

No Ricky either...

Edge did put up good numbers, but in the games I saw, he needed 3 handoffs from the 1 to ge the ball in. He was not the force he used to be. But he was fighting injuries all year, and still coming back from his previous injury.

Edge has the potential to be a top 5 RB if he hits on all cylinders, and I would love to get him at #9 or #10
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:09 am

cooleyhigh wrote:I would drop him considerably in TD distance leagues. 8 of his TD's were 5 yards or less. Personally I like my #1 RB's explosive, able to break the 50 yarder at any time. I doubt this will ever be the case for James again but as long as he is in Indy and the receivers are tackled just short of the stripe he will put up solid FF numbers.

Looks like Michael Bennett is your man. He's healthy and most of his TD's are on long runs. Not surprising since he is THE FASTEST MAN IN THE NFL!!!

Friendliness: %

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:27 am

Anonymous wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:I would drop him considerably in TD distance leagues. 8 of his TD's were 5 yards or less. Personally I like my #1 RB's explosive, able to break the 50 yarder at any time. I doubt this will ever be the case for James again but as long as he is in Indy and the receivers are tackled just short of the stripe he will put up solid FF numbers.

Looks like Michael Bennett is your man. He's healthy and most of his TD's are on long runs. Not surprising since he is THE FASTEST MAN IN THE NFL!!!

Hate this forgetting to log-in thing. This guest post is from me, Carolina Culpepper.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:44 am

Since everyone else is weighing in on this, I might as well too.

Edge is a stud - he was injured - he came back solid during the 2nd half last yr - saying he is overrated as the 9th/10th best RB is wrong.

My question is what RBs do you think should be drafted ahead of him? Faulk? Fraud? DDavis? SDavis? Dillon? It just doesnt make any sense to me that he could be considered overrated where he currently is being ranked.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:25 am

I would also be interested to say what irishboy's RB rankings are
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: edge is most overrated rb

Postby CC » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:27 pm

ibeckhami wrote:
irishboy wrote:edge had that one amazing season before his injury but since then he has been just an avergage qb. true that his injury really took a toll on his ability but he hasn't recovered that much. hes only put up average numbers recently, especially with harrison and the rising stokely.

i just dont think hes that good anymore
\

...ya the injury really screwed him up.. i think hes a bit above average...

A bit above average is Correll Buckhalter or Najeh Davenport or Warrick Dunn. Being a top 10 RB is not a "bit above average."
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:22 pm

I think Edge will be one of the top RB's. As a rookie and soph he was good. Last year I saw flashes of brilliance from him. I think he will have a hall of fame career. Plus, he's only 25 yrs old.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: edge is most overrated rb

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:56 pm

irishboy wrote:edge had that one amazing season

ONE amazing season?

So which one of these two do you consider not amazing?

2100 total yds, 22 TD's

or

2300 total yds, 19 TD's

???
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk