Best Fantasy Sports Site - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Best Fantasy Sports Site

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sandboxrebel » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:59 pm

SandboxPlus.com is by far the best fantasy site on the net and is a pay site btw.great forums,customer service,live scoring.

you get 2 teams,1 regular which is called full contact and the other is sbx which is a customizeable version of full contact.with sbx,you can have divisions,although im not sure how many.sandbox also has keeper leagues,live drafts,playoffs and IR spot options in sbx as well.

the 2 things that really set it apart for me are the awesome interface and the fantasy point set up.sandbox has its own point based scoring system and on roster,league roster,trade desk,and waiver wire pages,etc. it has the FP totals and FP/G averages for each player.i know with many other sites,all it has is the players stat line,but not the actual FP numbers,so its basically a guessing game when comparing players to set lineups,make trades,etc.

the player news is also better than any other site.anytime you see a players name,if you click it,you get that player's profile.the profile has everything you need to know about the player.it has live stats and complete stats and FP numbers for the current and each other season in the players career.it also has player news.anythime the player makes any type of news whatsoever,whether he just scored a TD,was upgraded to probable,or moved up on the depth chart the news is added to his profile.

they also have a dead team replacement system,so if a league has a dead team,the commish notifies sandbox and then the league is added to a list.then if there is someone who wants to take on a dead team free of charge,they may view the list of leagues and pick one to join.
sandboxrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 33
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FeArMeNtL » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:03 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think CBS is a joke. Great "expert analysis".

I use myfantasyleague and yahoo.


Couldnt of said it better myself. Though what are you talking about CBS has the best expert analysis there is to offer....except most of the time its crap ;-D
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 534
Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lost in the Jungle

Postby T-DIDDY » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:25 am

I used tundraball.com last year and I really liked it. It was $50 and well worth it.
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 234
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:32 am

sandboxrebel wrote:SandboxPlus.com is by far the best fantasy site on the net and is a pay site btw.great forums,customer service,live scoring.

you get 2 teams,1 regular which is called full contact and the other is sbx which is a customizeable version of full contact.with sbx,you can have divisions,although im not sure how many.sandbox also has keeper leagues,live drafts,playoffs and IR spot options in sbx as well.

the 2 things that really set it apart for me are the awesome interface and the fantasy point set up.sandbox has its own point based scoring system and on roster,league roster,trade desk,and waiver wire pages,etc. it has the FP totals and FP/G averages for each player.i know with many other sites,all it has is the players stat line,but not the actual FP numbers,so its basically a guessing game when comparing players to set lineups,make trades,etc.

the player news is also better than any other site.anytime you see a players name,if you click it,you get that player's profile.the profile has everything you need to know about the player.it has live stats and complete stats and FP numbers for the current and each other season in the players career.it also has player news.anythime the player makes any type of news whatsoever,whether he just scored a TD,was upgraded to probable,or moved up on the depth chart the news is added to his profile.

they also have a dead team replacement system,so if a league has a dead team,the commish notifies sandbox and then the league is added to a list.then if there is someone who wants to take on a dead team free of charge,they may view the list of leagues and pick one to join.


I did that last year and enjoyed it. The only two bad things about it were that the live drafts are awful -- very slow and often completely break down and stop altogether,
Image
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 1586
Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasyswami » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:03 pm

fantasyfootball_tx wrote:
fantasyswami wrote:http://www.fantasyheadquarters.com

has 10 and 12 team leagues for all levels of play, and offers three-division leagues for 12-team variety.

Its has a very flexible interface and is as user friendly as they come. ;-D


Does it have live scoring???


Yes, it has live scoring and live emails.
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 131
Joined: 6 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:26 pm

sandboxrebel wrote:SandboxPlus.com is by far the best fantasy site on the net and is a pay site btw.great forums,customer service,live scoring.

you get 2 teams,1 regular which is called full contact and the other is sbx which is a customizeable version of full contact.with sbx,you can have divisions,although im not sure how many.sandbox also has keeper leagues,live drafts,playoffs and IR spot options in sbx as well.

the 2 things that really set it apart for me are the awesome interface and the fantasy point set up.sandbox has its own point based scoring system and on roster,league roster,trade desk,and waiver wire pages,etc. it has the FP totals and FP/G averages for each player.i know with many other sites,all it has is the players stat line,but not the actual FP numbers,so its basically a guessing game when comparing players to set lineups,make trades,etc.

the player news is also better than any other site.anytime you see a players name,if you click it,you get that player's profile.the profile has everything you need to know about the player.it has live stats and complete stats and FP numbers for the current and each other season in the players career.it also has player news.anythime the player makes any type of news whatsoever,whether he just scored a TD,was upgraded to probable,or moved up on the depth chart the news is added to his profile.

they also have a dead team replacement system,so if a league has a dead team,the commish notifies sandbox and then the league is added to a list.then if there is someone who wants to take on a dead team free of charge,they may view the list of leagues and pick one to join.


I used to use Sandbox before they screwed over their customers.

The 2 things that set it apart for you are actually pretty tame, Sandboxemployee.
Who cares about the interface? Yahoo had that perfected 3 yrs ago. Its fast and easy to use - what else do you want?
As for the FP setup - I guess looking at stats to determine if a player is good might be slightly challenging for the less mathmatically inclined, but Im pretty sure most people understand that the more yds and TDs a player gets, the more FPs they score. Its not as much of a "guessing game" as you might think.
As for your updated player news - pretty much every sight that has FFB has this feature. Yahoo has been doing it for yrs now.

Dont come here peddling Sandbox - many of us remember.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:34 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I used to use Sandbox before they screwed over their customers.

OK I'll bite. What did they do to their customers? I've never tried Sandbox. }:-)
Image
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2552
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:41 pm

Im pretty sure it was the 2002 season.

Basically, half way through the season they decided to start charging and locked off anyone that didnt pay them the ransom. Non-preferred customers were locked out during "Peak Usage" time - basically you couldnt do anything between 9am-9pm unless you coughed up loot. Great way to gain clients and a reputation, huh? :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:38 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im pretty sure it was the 2002 season.

Basically, half way through the season they decided to start charging and locked off anyone that didnt pay them the ransom. Non-preferred customers were locked out during "Peak Usage" time - basically you couldnt do anything between 9am-9pm unless you coughed up loot. Great way to gain clients and a reputation, huh? :-t


I remember that. The peak usage thing was so annoying :-t
Image
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 1586
Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:42 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im pretty sure it was the 2002 season.

Basically, half way through the season they decided to start charging and locked off anyone that didnt pay them the ransom. Non-preferred customers were locked out during "Peak Usage" time - basically you couldnt do anything between 9am-9pm unless you coughed up loot. Great way to gain clients and a reputation, huh? :-t



Lots of sites change to a pay system after being a free site but to do it in the MIDDLE of a season?? That is completely unprofessional and a good way to lose ALOT of customers. I use ESPN's fantasy site not because it's the best but because I've been there since 1996 and I know I can always get in good leagues with good players there.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:15 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact