Mid-Round Running Backs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mid-Round Running Backs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:38 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Deuce - Has the yards, had the TDs two years ago, will bring them together this year.

Ricky - Had a down year last year, Boston should spread the field and hopefully the line will play better.

Shaun - He gets the TDs, but not enough yards for my liking.

Jamal - Career year last year, can't and won't duplicate. Good for 1500 and 10 this year.

Edge - Looked to be returning to the Edge of old at the end of last year, he could be a lot higher than this next year.

Freddy - Past the injuries, solid end of the 1st pick.

I would start here and then just slide Henry inbetween Freddy and Edge. I am surprised how much people have dropped Henry due to the threat of an unproven backup. Remember, McGahee wasn't even Miami's starter - Gore was until he tore his ACL. I realize he's good or else he wouldn't have played for Miami at all. But to think that Buffalo would just throw Henry to the curb after last year's performance is crazy. McGahee will get his carries, but so will Rhodes, G. Jones, Morris, etc... All RBs have a backup stealing carries.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:41 pm

I don't know if I agree that Henry is that safe. If McGahee proves anything with the carries he gets early in the season he will continue to get more carries and the Bills have talked about two running back sets and getting him very involved. They used a first round pick on him and if he is healthy and effective they will not have him sitting! From what I have read, I think the Bills are hoping that he is effective so they can trade Henry and get their First Round Draft Pick for next year, that they traded for Losman, back. I think McGahee needs to struggle, and Henry needs to be absolutely astonishing to keep McGahee off the field and that makes it more dangerous drafting Henry.
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:48 pm

2,100 combined yards and 28 TD's in a season against top notch competition puts you a grade over good. The Bills drafted him to replace Henry for whatever reasons, and he will be given the opportunity to do so.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:50 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Deuce - Has the yards, had the TDs two years ago, will bring them together this year.

Ricky - Had a down year last year, Boston should spread the field and hopefully the line will play better.

Jamal - Career year last year, can't and won't duplicate. Good for 1500 and 10 this year.

Edge - Looked to be returning to the Edge of old at the end of last year, he could be a lot higher than this next year.

I agree with Cheese those are my rankings.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:54 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

I would start here and then just slide Henry inbetween Freddy and Edge. I am surprised how much people have dropped Henry due to the threat of an unproven backup. Remember, McGahee wasn't even Miami's starter - Gore was until he tore his ACL. I realize he's good or else he wouldn't have played for Miami at all. But to think that Buffalo would just throw Henry to the curb after last year's performance is crazy. McGahee will get his carries, but so will Rhodes, G. Jones, Morris, etc... All RBs have a backup stealing carries.

I'm actually a really big Henry fan, I pretty much get him in the 2nd round of every mock I am in. I am targetting him as my #2 this year if I have the 4th-6th pick. However, I don't think that you can put him in the top 10 due to the presence of McGahee and his injury history.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:56 pm

Is Westbrook only worth a late second pick? Is Buckhalter going to steal goal carries? I don't trust Eagles backs and Steelers backs. Any comments?
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:02 pm

see star ability bust potential thread for some westy news.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:08 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:see star ability bust potential thread for some westy news.

Thanks. What about the BUS/Staley debacle in Pittsburgh? Are they going to splilt too much, or will Staley end up taking the starting job? Is he a worthy 2nd back if he is getting the touches in Pittsburgh?
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:14 pm

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:see star ability bust potential thread for some westy news.

Thanks. What about the BUS/Staley debacle in Pittsburgh? Are they going to splilt too much, or will Staley end up taking the starting job? Is he a worthy 2nd back if he is getting the touches in Pittsburgh?

I think staley will get most of the picks, but id only take him as my #3 back still.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:31 pm

The title of this thread should've been "Mid-first round picks or something ;).

When I saw the title I thought this was gonna be a thread about guys like Warrick Dunn, Chris Brown, Lee Suggs, etc that are going in the middle rounds.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk