Mid-Round Running Backs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mid-Round Running Backs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:59 pm

I am of the opinion that the presence of McGahee may actually improve Henry's numbers. Do you think A.Green would have had the year he had had he not had Davenport and Fisher backing him up? Because the running styles between Green and Davenport were so different, it made Green Bay's rushing attack nearly impossible to stop. I see that same sort of scenario unfolding in Buffalo where McGahee and Henry may confuse the hell out of defenses with their contrasting running styles. It will also improve their passing game immensely.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:45 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I'm actually a really big Henry fan, I pretty much get him in the 2nd round of every mock I am in. I am targetting him as my #2 this year if I have the 4th-6th pick. However, I don't think that you can put him in the top 10 due to the presence of McGahee and his injury history.

I have been grabbing him in the 2nd round a lot, too. The main concern I have about Henry is the fumbling. If he keeps that under control I think he has a great year. If he starts it up again then he's just asking the coaches to put McGahee in. But he seems like he loves a challenge and I suspect this to be his best year yet.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:42 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I'm actually a really big Henry fan, I pretty much get him in the 2nd round of every mock I am in. I am targetting him as my #2 this year if I have the 4th-6th pick. However, I don't think that you can put him in the top 10 due to the presence of McGahee and his injury history.

I have been grabbing him in the 2nd round a lot, too. The main concern I have about Henry is the fumbling. If he keeps that under control I think he has a great year. If he starts it up again then he's just asking the coaches to put McGahee in. But he seems like he loves a challenge and I suspect this to be his best year yet.

Hes no Tiki Barber in the fumble department although he has a habit of putting it on the carpet...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:06 am

fantasizing wrote: I see that same sort of scenario unfolding in Buffalo where McGahee and Henry may confuse the hell out of defenses with their contrasting running styles. It will also improve their passing game immensely.

I don't think their running styles are different, I am comparing McGahee in College to Henry in the NFL, but they both can hit a hole hard and then have the shiftiness to make people miss in the open. The only difference is that McGahee is faster, bigger, and stronger than Henry, but hasn't played a down in the NFL and is getting over an injury. I can't wait to see McGahee in real games and if he is good Henry may lose touches. It could get ugly.

Also, the Henry fumbling problem basically cleared itself up last year and is a non-issue at this point. There is no way he is a Tiki Barber.
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SteveTaskerintheHall » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:09 am

Speaking of Freaky Tiki Barber....Coughlin has publicly said he wants to get Dayne in better shape and see what he can do. Is anyone concerned about Barber's status this year. Is he clearly the man in Giant Land??
The Buffalo Bills will circle the wagons in 2004!
SteveTaskerintheHall
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MCG321 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:07 pm

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote:Speaking of Freaky Tiki Barber....Coughlin has publicly said he wants to get Dayne in better shape and see what he can do. Is anyone concerned about Barber's status this year. Is he clearly the man in Giant Land??

I think he'll put up decent yards since he's also a good receiver, but I won't be surprised when Dayne is stealing the TDs.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk