More praises for Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More praises for Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Acme Rockets » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:51 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I am pretty high on Bennett this year. Sure I have the same concerns everyone else about him losing tds, but I think he will offset that some with his longer touchdowns.

Now does he have more upside than Barlow?

I like Bennett as a back, but I won't have him on my fantasy roster. Too much unclear with the RB situation in Min and too many lost TDs.
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:14 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I am pretty high on Bennett this year. Sure I have the same concerns everyone else about him losing tds, but I think he will offset that some with his longer touchdowns.

Now does he have more upside than Barlow?

I like Bennett as a back, but I won't have him on my fantasy roster. Too much unclear with the RB situation in Min and too many lost TDs.

I agree. Bennet is not guaranteed anything in Minnesota. He's going to have to produce to keep the majority of carries in this RBBC. If he misses even one week and the Viking's start another player, Bennet may not be the starter when he comes back.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cupertino_11 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:02 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I agree. Bennet is not guaranteed anything in Minnesota. He's going to have to produce to keep the majority of carries in this RBBC. If he misses even one week and the Viking's start another player, Bennet may not be the starter when he comes back.

Their line is just that good. Similar deal in Denver......whoever gets the majority of the carries will do well. But at least we know in Minny who the starter is. I'm with everyone else. Bennett will produce as a #2 back.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:14 pm

Bennett would be a top 10 back if he didn't have his goalline carries taken away. So explosive.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:16 pm

i think bennet could outrun my car. Hes that fast.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Go Vikes » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:24 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:This brings a tear to my eye :,-( Finally, you guys see what I see.

I'm still waiting for everyone to see what I see in Smith.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:37 am

I have never questioned his speed at all..just his ability to be a solid #2 back on a team. If he gets the carries and doesn't lose all the TDs I think he will be a solid #2.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:37 pm

Wow, a few good reports and everyone is on the Bennett bandwagon!! Remember a few things:

- He is the fastest man in the NFL. Very few know this.

- Because of this he will get TD's if healthy simply because of his ability to break the long run to the house. No Moe, Smith, or C-Pepp able to steal those TD points.

- Moe is getting older, and he is not going to be used as much.

- Ontario is the real deal and if Bennett gets injured again, Smith is the man who will gain from it big time.

- But Bennett IS injury prone. As much as I like him and as great as he is when healthy, I just don't believe he'll be there the whole year.

Therefore, I am very cautious about ranking him too high. A risky pick.

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk