Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA)

Postby Raf » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:05 pm

Will he be back to old form this year? What does everyone think? How is the o-line this season? He could be a great value pick between the 6-8 spots. I currently have the 6th spot and I am torn between Alexander and Ricky. I'd like to go with the safe pick in alexander but I think Ricky can really pay off... What does everyone think?
Raf

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Warpigs » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:08 pm

I just sent an article submission to Arlo about Ricky and his situation. Honestly, I'm wondering exactly what he'll do myself -- however there are a lot of indicators that he'll really bounce back this year.

It all depends on Boston, IMO
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby MCG321 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:14 pm

If the off-season acquisitions do well, I think we can expect a huge season out of Ricky. However, I haven't heard anything positive about AJ and I'm not sure what to expect from Boston. If defenses are forced to respect the deep ball (not those 5 yard tosses from Fiedler), Ricky will be able to bring up his YPC and make owners a bit happier than last year.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:23 pm

his # of carries over the last few years and his 3.5 YPC last year are troubling. alexander would be my choice with ease.

Friendliness: %

Postby Warpigs » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:50 pm

It may make sense -- just like jockeys wearing ads on their uniforms and MLB putting adds on bases for Spiderman2 -- but it doesn't make it right.

The guy who started this thread wanted information about Ricky Williams. What about him? He didn't want this polluted with ads for your league.

Let's get back to Ricky Williams for the original author's sake. You can argue your point elsewhere.

As far as Ricky, I think Boston and Chamber's presence will really help open things up, for sure, this year. He's in better shape than last year. My biggest concern is the O-line really not improving since last year...
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Warpigs » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:his # of carries over the last few years and his 3.5 YPC last year are troubling. alexander would be my choice with ease.

Not sure who the guest is, but I also agree with his viewpoint. It's really tough to determine some of those higher-end mid-firstround running backs. Alexander is nice -- but also greatly inconsistent for me last year. Gave me many a headache since he never seemed to have a big game when I needed him to. Duece McAllister can be a stud, but doesn't get into the end zone enough. Could that change this year??

In the end, I think you have to go Ricky and hope for the best. It would be best if you can wait and see what happens in training camp with the QB situation and Ricky's overall health and presence.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Smizzy » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:29 pm

SteveTaskerintheHall wrote:Its a league for New Cafe Members who likely won't cruise the classifieds. It makes total common sense to draw attention to it here if you are attracting newer members. Calm down and ignore it.

It would make total common sence if you actully had something to say about ricky williams and then threw it in at the end....What you are doing is spamming threads and that sh*tty .

Im new....I know where the classifieds are.

The again im am bias...The Bills suck
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:31 pm

I will be drafting Alexander ahead of Williams this yr. If Deuce is available, Id target him before both of the others.

As for Steve - please dont hijack the threads like you did today. Classless.
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:40 pm

i say we continue the ricky williams discussion on his topic in the classifieds.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fadlan12 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:20 pm

ricky williams is not going to rebound this year? i had him for 6 games and i kept waiting on him to bust out of his slump :-t never happened. now he's testing positive for mary j. c'mon man dolphins are are gonna suck this year: aj feely, david boston, wanstat, need i say more? chris chambers is the best wr on the team.
fadlan12
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk