Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:33 pm

fadlan12 wrote:ricky williams is not going to rebound this year? i had him for 6 games and i kept waiting on him to bust out of his slump :-t never happened. now he's testing positive for mary j. c'mon man dolphins are are gonna suck this year: aj feely, david boston, wanstat, need i say more? chris chambers is the best wr on the team.

Well said. Way too many question marks on this team. Can AJ be a full time starter? Can Boston return to 2001 form? Will ricky return to 2002 form? Is the O-line better? IMO he belongs around 8-9 for RB's
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:44 pm

I think that all of the question marks on the Phins{ should worry Dave Wannsfired. And the one thing that worried coaches tend to do is return to their roots. That means that the Phins{ may try to run the ball more then ever this season. Rasta Ricky was a concensous top 3 pick last year. I think he will be a high risk/reward player this year. He could be given the chance to return to the top echelon of RBs this season. If you want to gamble take Rasta, if not go with Alexander.

For greasy tasteless food go to Steve's House of Spam @ www//spamsux:stevetasker\\stopspaminourforums.org
(the preceding was intended for the amusement of those incredibly bored and easily amused, and not intended to be hurtful in any way).

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CC » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:59 pm

I would take him with the 6th pick, he should preform really well this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:12 pm

Ricky had 400 carries last year. Giving him more carries was not the problem. The problem was the inability to do anything with the carries he did get. They're going to kill this guy before he turns 28. On every run he gets hit a half dozen times. He's like a boxer who uses his face to block punches.

Friendliness: %

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:34 pm

Take Alexander here. He's been a monster during the FF playoffs for the past couple years and this year he has a really easy schedule weeks 14-16.

Both R.Williams and Alexander are good enough backs to get you to the playoffs, Shaun will win it for you this year. Look at week 16, the FF Super Bowl: Alexander will be running against......the Arizona Cardinals, nuff said.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Acme Rockets » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:16 pm

Personally, I would take Ricky simply because he seems to be more consistent than Shaun. I think he is set to have a very nice year. He may only get 3 YPC some games but he'll get 40 carries. Don't care how those numbers rack up as long as they DO rack up!

Take Risky .... err ... Ricky. ;-D
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:20 pm

Not sure where the Alexander is inconsistant talk is coming from. He's averaged over a TD a game over the past 3 years. Only two other backs can make that claim and both of them are over 30.

Postby Acme Rockets » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:Not sure where the Alexander is inconsistant talk is coming from. He's averaged over a TD a game over the past 3 years. Only two other backs can make that claim and both of them are over 30.

A high-average in a stat does not equal consistency. Lets say that a back had 16 touchdowns in the first game but not another for the entire season. I would consider that fairly inconsistent, yet he averaged a TD per game, right?

Last year his yardage went ...

You call that consistent???? 8-o
Last edited by Acme Rockets on Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:32 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Not sure where the Alexander is inconsistant talk is coming from. He's averaged over a TD a game over the past 3 years. Only two other backs can make that claim and both of them are over 30.

A high-average in a stat does not equal consistency. Lets say that a back had 16 touchdowns in the first game but not another for the entire season. I would consider that fairly inconsistent, yet he averaged a TD per game, right?

Good point but doesn't apply to Alexander. He had a TD in 13 of 15 games last year.

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:35 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:

I will take a "risk" on a guy who found the endzone 13 out of 16 weeks anyday.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk