Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lets talk about Ricky Williams (MIA)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Acme Rockets » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:37 pm

Edited above but thought it was worth posting in a new post

Last year his yardage went ...

I like his TDs, but my league counts yards as well. In his defense, this yardage output is actually comparable to Ricky's in many cases. I just personally feel that Ricky will have an up year.
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:41 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:Edited above but thought it was worth posting in a new post

Last year his yardage went ...

I like his TDs, but my league counts yards as well. In his defense, this yardage output is actually comparable to Ricky's in many cases. I just personally feel that Ricky will have an up year.

Doesn't look that bad to me. He had less than 50 yards in one game, ricky had less than 50 in three. Alexander had less than 70 yards in 4 games, Ricky had less than 70 in six.

Friendliness: %

Postby Acme Rockets » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:45 pm

Like I said, the yardage is actually comparable. Miami's offense last year floundered often. Seattle's seemed to soar.

I simply expect to see Ricky return to his form of 2 years ago. I think he can do it.
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:49 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:Like I said, the yardage is actually comparable. Miami's offense last year floundered often. Seattle's seemed to soar.

I simply expect to see Ricky return to his form of 2 years ago. I think he can do it.

That's cool. The yardage was comparable mainly because Shaun gets a lot less carries than Ricky. Hurts his yardage totals but may help his longevity. Outside of Priest, I think he's one of the most consistant RBs in the league. No blow up games but also very few stinkers.

Friendliness: %

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:57 pm

I actually have Alexander ranked ahead of both Ricky AND Deuce. I think he's primed to take it to the next level this season. But I think you'll be happy with either one. Both look to have good years.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nebula » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:57 am

The reason that Ricky was top 3 last year is that he was getting one a week. I could set my watch to it.

Then this last year the O-line was pushed a yard back at the snap and there wasn't much Ricky could do about it.

IMO the addition of V Carey is the best offseason move. So the question seems to be will he be good enough right away to anchor the O-line around. To me it seems that one new G is not going to open; Ricky, Chris, David, and whoever starts at QB. It might be but if I were in a re-draft league I would probably take Alexander b4 Ricky.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:20 am

The Dolphins O-line is much improved. V. Carey should step in at Tackle, and they also got Jeno James a very good guard, in free agency. This is a much different line then it was last year. I see much improved numbers for Ricky, and IMO, getting him at #8 in any draft is a steal
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:39 pm

Warpigs wrote:I just sent an article submission to Arlo about Ricky and his situation. Honestly, I'm wondering exactly what he'll do myself -- however there are a lot of indicators that he'll really bounce back this year.

It all depends on Boston, IMO

I think Boston will be just fine... I think it all hinges on the O-line...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk