McCown
Maddox
Delhomme

My rankings are:
B. Johnson - Gruden loves to pass, better O line, easy schedule
3550 Yd 23 TDs 17 Ints
Maddox - Just a hunch but could be this years Kitna, Good WRs & Duce can catch
3200 Yds 22 TDs 18 Ints
Delhomme - Everyone will load up to stop the run, therefore they'll pass like they did all throughout the playoffs
3400 Yds 21 TDs 16 Ints
McCown - Will have rough start in Greens QB friendly offense but should do well 2nd half of season
3600 Yds 19 Tds 21 ints
Brunell - Should be OK when he's playing but will be injured a couple of games.
3100 Yds 20 Tds 15 Ints
Bledsoe - Should be asked to simply move the chains & not to take too many risks in Bills now more balanced attack
3000 Yds 19 TDs 13 Ints

Your rankings????

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:28 pm

Brad Johnson
Delhomme
Brunell
Maddox
McCown
Bledsoe

Friendliness: %

Postby Acme Rockets » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:47 pm

B. Johnson
Delhomme
Brunell
Maddox
Bledsoe
McCown
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:35 pm

Brad Johnson
Delhomme
Maddox
Bledsoe
Brunell
McCown

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:47 am

Johnson
Delhomme
McCown
Bledsoe
Maddox
Brunell

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:55 am

Johnson
Delhomme
Brunell
McCown
Bledsoe
Maddox
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:27 am

Call me crazy - but I have a different look:

Bledsoe
McCown
Brunell
Johnson
Maddux
Delhomme
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:06 am

Johnson
Bledsoe
Brunell
Delhomme
Maddox
McCown
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Warpigs » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:11 am

Isn't it interesting how so many people just mostly accept opinions before them? The real discussion begins when posters are willing to make arguements against the norm. Cornbread Maxwell broke the seal on Brad Johnson's run atop everyone's list. (and because of that, this will wind up a really good, informative thread) Here's my view, for what it's worth.

Brunell. You can't overlook the one guy on this list who is surrounded by talent. He's older and may be a little rusty, but by the time the season rolls around, he'll be just fine. He has top weapons in Coles and Gardner -- and even can utilize Portis out of the backfield. There will be little pressure from defenses keying on Portis and busy being split by Washington's wideouts. Brunell will do just fine. I wouldn't rank him this high in a keeper league -- but for this season, I wouldn't mind snagging him.

Maddox. Tommy's season last year was a mess, and you have to wonder how in the world someone with the targets he has can turn in such a disappointing performance. Pittsburgh's offense will improve with Duce Staley in the backfield -- but not enough that the Steelers won't need a steady dose of air offense to stay in games. Maddox is playing for his job and his pride now with Roethlisberger in town, so expect improvement.

Johnson. As mentioned earlier, the offense will still depend on his passing, and having a healthy Jurevicius around the end zone will help his TD numbers. However, there's still too many question marks. How will Galloway fit in? Will McCardell come back without missing a step? How will the talented young receivers fit in? How will the chemistry be with all the talk about Johnson losing his starting gig this offseason and being released? (still a possibility??)

Bledsoe. Can still be a top QB, but a lot depends on how Buffalo's No. 2 receiver situation pans out. Moulds is only really effective when he has another threat at wideout to thin out defenses. If a solid No. 2 option emerges, Bledsoe will have a productive year.

Delhomme. I love McCown's targets much better than Delhomme's, however I decided to go with Delhomme's experience here as the deciding factor. Doesn't make too many mistakes and will get a fair share of TDs, even with the two-headed RB monster in the Carolina backfield.

McCown. Has some of the best targets in the league, but all (he and his targets) lack experience. Boldin was a nice surprise last year, and Shipp should fair well with the improving offense, but McCown's anonymity is a concern. Biggest risk/reward player on this list.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:43 am

Warpigs wrote:Isn't it interesting how so many people just mostly accept opinions before them? The real discussion begins when posters are willing to make arguements against the norm. Cornbread Maxwell broke the seal on Brad Johnson's run atop everyone's list. (and because of that, this will wind up a really good, informative thread) Here's my view, for what it's worth.

Eh, I think most of us just didnt want to put in the time to explain why we thought what we did. Allow me to play devils advocate though, see if we can get some more discussion.

Brunell. You can't overlook the one guy on this list who is surrounded by talent. He's older and may be a little rusty, but by the time the season rolls around, he'll be just fine. He has top weapons in Coles and Gardner -- and even can utilize Portis out of the backfield. There will be little pressure from defenses keying on Portis and busy being split by Washington's wideouts. Brunell will do just fine. I wouldn't rank him this high in a keeper league -- but for this season, I wouldn't mind snagging him.

He's a one-season guy with better weapons than ever before. He's also quite old, and you have to hope he's aged like testaverde has. There's also the concern that if the redskins season gets tanked, that they'll throw Ramsey in to learn more. And until Washington shows up with an O-line that can keep its QB off his back for more than 2 plays a quarter, there's reason to be skeptical.

Maddox. Tommy's season last year was a mess, and you have to wonder how in the world someone with the targets he has can turn in such a disappointing performance. Pittsburgh's offense will improve with Duce Staley in the backfield -- but not enough that the Steelers won't need a steady dose of air offense to stay in games. Maddox is playing for his job and his pride now with Roethlisberger in town, so expect improvement.

Maddox more than anyone on this list lacks job security. His odds on finishing the season out are not anywhere close to a safe bet. However, he's got the best weapons available. Duce is a primier screen runner, and Ward, Plax, and Randel El make quite a list of threats. Still his streaky fluctuating performances and lack of job security lurk not too far in the backgorund.

Johnson. As mentioned earlier, the offense will still depend on his passing, and having a healthy Jurevicius around the end zone will help his TD numbers. However, there's still too many question marks. How will Galloway fit in? Will McCardell come back without missing a step? How will the talented young receivers fit in? How will the chemistry be with all the talk about Johnson losing his starting gig this offseason and being released? (still a possibility??)

Despite his competition at QB, Johnson has been one of the quietest top 10-12 QBs for a couple of years now. He's like Trent Green-lite. Griese I doubt has anything left to push him that much, and Simms is the only concern. However, Gruden's signing indicate age isnt really a factor to him (Bucs becoming the NFC's retirement home?), and I dont think Simms will start until Tampa Bay decides to begin rebuilding. I think they're too proud to admit to needing to do that right now though. His weapons are numerous though, so long as a running threat emerges.

Bledsoe. Can still be a top QB, but a lot depends on how Buffalo's No. 2 receiver situation pans out. Moulds is only really effective when he has another threat at wideout to thin out defenses. If a solid No. 2 option emerges, Bledsoe will have a productive year.

I am one of those who thinks Bledsoe can bounce back, however I think it hinges on his O-line keeping him concussionless for the season. With injuries to Moulds, Bledsoe, Henry, Magahee, and a horrid o-line, its no wonder Drew was a bust. He's got at least one more good year in him, but I've lost a lot of confidence in that line. Also, he may have just had the kinda of injury riddled year that has taken out other great QBs like Aikman and Young. He's risky, and can probably be had as a 3rd QB almost at any time.

Delhomme. I love McCown's targets much better than Delhomme's, however I decided to go with Delhomme's experience here as the deciding factor. Doesn't make too many mistakes and will get a fair share of TDs, even with the two-headed RB monster in the Carolina backfield.

I like Delhomme because he has a good variety of young and old targets. If Steve Smith returns to his playoff form, he'll light up the league. Delhomme is going to have more time to prepare this year instead of being thrown in, and what I like about him is that he is clutch. He wont just roll over to a NE-type defense, he'll rise to the ocassion.

McCown. Has some of the best targets in the league, but all (he and his targets) lack experience. Boldin was a nice surprise last year, and Shipp should fair well with the improving offense, but McCown's anonymity is a concern. Biggest risk/reward player on this list.[/quote]

McCown is a very risky pick, but he just might have one of the 5 best WR duos in the league to throw to. Arizona should still be behind often, which means lot of passing, and lots more yards for this young guy. Just given what he has to work with he should easily outperform Boller and Grossman.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk