Keeper league owners....When do you Draft your TE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper league owners....When do you Draft your TE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper league owners....When do you Draft your TE

Postby mikehunt » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:48 pm

I know that i have been away from the site for a bit. So I am not trying to double post here.

I am in a 3 player keeper league. I am sitting on 2 Rb's and a QB. So far the stradgy I am think is another Study RB cause I have second pic, On my the return of my pics I was hoping for a solid WR then thinking of Heap, Winslow, Or Shockey(depending on his foot).

IS this to early for a TE? Would you focus more on WR and Rb's. PLease share. LAso remeber by this time it will be my 6th pick.

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 pm

That would be the equivelant of the 6th round which sounds right for top TEs not named Gonzo. I'd wait on Winslow but wouldn't flinch at Shockey or Heap being taken that early.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:34 pm

yea, that sounds very good, VBD recconmends getting the good TEs so you raelly cant afford to miss esp becasue once on is taken the run will begin. this sounds like the right time to take one at the 6th round

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby mikehunt » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:24 am

Thanks for the boost for my draft chart fella's. I had not mentioned Gonzo due to a person keeping him form last year. So my options I mention are really the ones I think have the best hope at a good season.

Later
Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nebula » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:32 am

I agree with Guns that the 6th sound about right, but this year seems different to me for TE. I was thinking that the tier after Gonz (or one more down) has more players with potential then previous years. Like McMichael, Williams, Crumpler, Mili, Ind. TE, even down to Miller. So you could possibly wait and get a steal (like all positions).
I too think that Sharpe retiring is making people jump the gun a little to get a top TE earlier.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:54 am

I don't know why I always jump at TE threads...it's like a bird and shiny things...

Unless you have a scoring system that rewards for catches there's absolutely no reason to draft a TE in the middle rounds.

If it's not Tony, then it's nobody. I've said it time and time again. VBD has absolutely nothing to do with this position. The point differential is absolutely negligible after Heap. Gonzo effectively doubles his ppg over any other TE in the league. Heap has about a 35% (I'm talking off the cuff here since I can't log into my league for some reason atm) over the mean average... and after that...well they are all the same.

McMicheal, Crumpler, Williams, etc. etc. etc.. you can go from 4 to 14 in point rankings from last year and there's about a 20-30 total point difference.

I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would invest a midround pick on a TE (asides from Heap oe maybe a healthy shockey) when you've still got very servicable WR's left on the board.

Myself, if I can't get Tony, I'd rather put my draft position to work in other positions like defense or Vanderjagt (especially if your scoring system subtracts for missed fieldgoals).
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:09 am

If the TE isnt named Gonzo, I really dont worry about it until the last couple rounds.

Shockey hasnt lived up to his potential
Heap failed to produce last year as many thought he would
Winslow is an unproven rookie
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:35 am

I would say gonzo is ok to take in the mid to late 3rd...Heap in the 4th (could be a stretch) and others could wait till about the 6th. Sorry, not a Shockey fan at all...Let someone else make the mistake.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby doubleJ_ffc » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:18 pm

Gonzo should go within 4 rds. Heap and Shockey should go no earlier than round 6 or 7. After that, it's not important until the later rds.
"Why would I argue with my own conscience over the truth? That's like me telling myself don't tell me what to do." - Canibus
doubleJ_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk