Is there such a thing as a "list"? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is there such a thing as a "list"?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is there such a thing as a "list"?

Postby bgndobe » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:59 pm

I've been searching the internet for a "list" of players who are best in thier positions. Maybe something like how many FF points they scored last year, or how they are predicted to play in 2004 based on game scheduling. After the first 4-5 "best" players for each position....I may as well be pulling names out of a hat for all I know. Any advice/guidance would be helpful. Chris
bgndobe Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:04 pm

Best place is the cafe player rankings. You can access them here:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/player_rankings.php

or by clicking the "cheat sheets" link to the left. There are a number of ways to rank players. If you want lists from last year, it may be best to wait until Yahoo opens up its leagues, join a free one and then you can really sort players. Still, by staying active here, checking out the mock drafts and keeping up with the link above (which will constantly be updated, you should be just fine! ;-D
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby doubleJ_ffc » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:07 pm

Just take a look at stats and use your own judgement, son.
"Why would I argue with my own conscience over the truth? That's like me telling myself don't tell me what to do." - Canibus
doubleJ_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:21 pm

there should be a new list or rankings comming out soon and those will be very helpful. there have also been some posts that have fallen quite far back by king ghidra ( SP). there are also the predictions forums taht have som nice lists of the top RBs and WRs out there

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:36 pm

The fantasy player's bible to 2003 statistics. Sortable by player, week and fifteen different offensive categories. I wish I could find a resource like this for years past.

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl/reques ... 0&Param3=6
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:42 pm

doubleJ wrote:Just take a look at stats and use your own judgement, son.

you know if you dont have anything smart to say...don't say anything at all....just remember the advice you give to others is the same advice you will get back...

now to answer bgndobe question...the one thing you have to remember is that there is no right or wrong list...there is a certain few who most agree on to be in say the top 10-20 of each position....even though players may be ranked differently in those top 10-20, that doesnt mean they are wrong...

plenty of places to get "lists" or rankings as they are more commenly called, the best place...is right here...but if you must venture eslewhere (which you should, never hurts to see as many as possible) espn, nfl, and yahoo to name a few all provide rankings...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bgndobe » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:04 pm

Thanks to all those who had something constructive to say. The info evil mod revealed will be quite helpful. Thanks much
bgndobe Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby MikeKid » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:05 pm

What I usually do is start off with another members list. Make my own judgements off of that. Then I go through mock draft info, reliable lists, etc. and make multiple revisions. I've probably revised my RB list 5 times within the last 2 weeks. And I plan to do it a couple more times too.
MikeKid
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:10 pm

bgndobe wrote:Thanks to all those who had something constructive to say. The info evil mod revealed will be quite helpful. Thanks much

We just call him Dazey :-b
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm

You alright Dazed...you let that guy off pretty easy. :-b
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk