3rd year WRs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3rd year WRs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GMoney » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:28 am

i see no reason why he wont do the same... may not improve but ill take 1000 and 9-10 out of a WR everyday

fitz and bryant make perfect distractions.... same coach.... better RB situation (hopefully) and confidence in the QB. Im not avoiding him.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:21 am

Homeless wrote:A couple of these guys could make someones season. I'll let you know which ones later :-? :-b

Homeless is good for retroactive predictions.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:32 am

cooleyhigh wrote:Why does no one like Boldin? The guy made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

My reply should have read more like "Other than Boldin, the guy I really like to do well is...". I just left him out since he has already had his breakout season.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: 3rd year WRs.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:21 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:I thought there was a discussion here about this,not sure.

Well I started this thread a while ago about 4th year WRs.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=60267

That was probably what I was thinking about. ;-D
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: 3rd year WRs.

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:36 am

Guttpuppy wrote:That was probably what I was thinking about. ;-D

Or this http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60378 which was about 3rd year breakout WRs in the Article Discussion forum
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:23 am

MCG321 wrote:I think Javon Walker will have the best year, as he doesn't have competition like Stallworth (Horn) and Lelie (Smith) have.

Of course, that competition also means defenses will have to stay honest. Stallworth won't be lining up against the defenses' No. 1 weapon since Horn is out there to take that pressure away.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:47 am

cooleyhigh wrote:Why does no one like Boldin? The guy made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

It was the situation he was in that let him rack up the yds and TDs. This yr will be different for a bunch of reasons:
1. McCown is not Blake. Blake has a tendency to target one WR and inflating his numbers (Boldin). McCown will not have the same tunnel-vision.
2. Fitz will take away passes. Last yr Boldin was the only downfield threat, a luxury he no longer has.
3. Shipp will see a larger role in the offense as well, again, taking more opportunity away from Boldin.
4. ARI had to play from behind often last yr - forcing them to go downfield to Boldin more than they wanted to. With a more balanced attack, they may keep themselves in games for longer instead of abandoning the run and throwing to their only downfield threat like last yr.

Thats why Boldin in the top 10 WRs is a bust for me.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:10 pm

Okay, I have to gloat some...I am entering year 2 in a 16 team dynasty league, and of that list of 3rd year WR, I have three of the top four...Lelie, Walker, and Stallworth.....I also have CHad Johnson....man things look good for me! I also have Ike Hilliard as a throw in but man I crapped my pants when my three youngsters were at the top.....
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk