Westbrook and Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook and Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Westbrook and Moss

Postby Superman in Training » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:49 am

Has anyone heard with Westbrook being the #1 featured role, if he is still for sure going to be the return man also?? Our league rewards players on return yards and this makes him much more vaulable. Same question with S. Moss with the addition of McCareines
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:21 am

I seem to remember reading something about him being taken off the return team so he can concentrate more on being a RB. Don't quote me on that.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:25 am

Here is Fanball's take on it:
Fanball (May 3) wrote:THE NEWS
Eagles running back Brian Westbrook finished second in the NFL and first in the NFC in punt return average last season, but the team is not positioning Westbrook for another shot at the title. The team used this past weekend's minicamp to audition new punt returners, as Westbrook's expanded role in the running game will keep him from those duties. Backup runner Reno Mahe is the favorite for the job according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. The Eagles are also trying out new kick returners, as Westbrook and departed receiver James Thrash were their top kick return men in 2003.

OUR VIEW
This news is not at all surprising, and it's good that the Eagles won't ask the injury-prone Westbrook to handle those extra duties. We're expecting Brian to be the team's primary runner in 2004, although Correll Buckhalter will certainly get plenty of carries as well.

I didn't see anything mentioned about Moss' return duties.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:40 am

Gunslinger wrote:I didn't see anything mentioned about Moss' return duties.

I havent heard anything either, but wasnt he taken off the punt team during the season? I thought they were afraid he would get injured, and really only used him if they needed a huge play. I could be completely wrong though ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:36 am

Flux wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:I didn't see anything mentioned about Moss' return duties.

I havent heard anything either, but wasnt he taken off the punt team during the season? I thought they were afraid he would get injured, and really only used him if they needed a huge play. I could be completely wrong though ;-7

I watched most of the Jets games, and to my knowledge he returned punts the whole year. I remember because I had him on my team and never got a TD from him in that role...:-t

This year since he basically becomes the #1 WR in NY, he'll probably be off of it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:52 am

Ok wait a second, was Westbrook or S. Moss the punt returner?

That news blip from Fanball said Westbrook was, but I also thought it was S. Moss. Was it both? Maybe I was thinking that S. Moss lost it to Westbrook or something.

Im more confused now than before :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:03 pm

Flux wrote:Ok wait a second, was Westbrook or S. Moss the punt returner?

That news blip from Fanball said Westbrook was, but I also thought it was S. Moss. Was it both? Maybe I was thinking that S. Moss lost it to Westbrook or something.

Im more confused now than before :-o

they dont play for the same team...

westy returned punts for the eagles. moss returned puts for the jets.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:18 pm

HAHAH, omg. I will never return here again :-t
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:23 pm

Now that is funny! Moss would look good in a Eagles uniform though! lol.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:09 pm

Moss was the number one last year and he returned punts so Im pretty sure he will do it again... As for McCareins being there, he will help out moss I think because Moss was seeing a lot of double teams down the stretch last year. I also remember Herman Edwards saying he drafted moss becasue of his punt returning abilities so I doubt they put someone else there... The only logical choice besides moss would be johnathan carter who is their kick returner.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk