Westbrook and Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook and Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:39 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:Moss was the number one last year and he returned punts so Im pretty sure he will do it again... As for McCareins being there, he will help out moss I think because Moss was seeing a lot of double teams down the stretch last year. I also remember Herman Edwards saying he drafted moss becasue of his punt returning abilities so I doubt they put someone else there... The only logical choice besides moss would be johnathan carter who is their kick returner.

Still, how many teams use their #1 wideout for punts or kicks though? There's a reason they don't...they can get hurt doing it. Same reason why Sehorn had no business returning kicks a few years ago. In my opinion, if anyone does the returning, it will be Carter or McCareins. It's up to Herm to decide though! :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:57 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:Moss was the number one last year and he returned punts so Im pretty sure he will do it again... As for McCareins being there, he will help out moss I think because Moss was seeing a lot of double teams down the stretch last year. I also remember Herman Edwards saying he drafted moss becasue of his punt returning abilities so I doubt they put someone else there... The only logical choice besides moss would be johnathan carter who is their kick returner.

Still, how many teams use their #1 wideout for punts or kicks though? There's a reason they don't...they can get hurt doing it. Same reason why Sehorn had no business returning kicks a few years ago. In my opinion, if anyone does the returning, it will be Carter or McCareins. It's up to Herm to decide though! :-)

Ok lets put it this way... How many #1 or once #1 cornerbacks return punts... Deltha Oneal, Champ Bailey, nate Clements, Rw McQuarters.(Chris McCallister Has returned so has Ed Reed[Safety])

Now Let me do the Starting/#1 receivers that return punts or have while in the #1 receiving role- Derrick mason, Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Time Brown, Amani Toomer

The point here is that regardless of their spot on the depth chart those guys are out there returning punts becasue they are the best athletes on the team... returning punts takes barely anything out of them becasue half of the time they waive for the fair catch... A punt return can change the game so they put their best players out there.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MCG321 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:05 am

NFLknowitall wrote:Now that is funny! Moss would look good in a Eagles uniform though! lol.

Especially if his first name was Randy. :-)
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:26 am

McCareins could be the Peerless Price of 2 years ago.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk