Could Coles #'s be in Jeopardy this season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Could Coles #'s be in Jeopardy this season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:28 pm

I'm looking for Gardner to be a big impact this year.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:23 pm

Carolina was 3rd in rushing attempts last year and 21st in passing attempts. Steve Smith still finished with 88 catches for 1110 yards. Will Portis affect the passing game and Coles's stats? Hugh Betcha! Just in a positive way.

Just like Edgerrin James, Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis weren't hurting the top notch WRs on their team, Portis won't hurt Coles.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:17 pm

brdmaverick wrote:i guess you could say that portis could help them. here how.....

1.) as mentioned, the defense won't be all over Coles. They will have to respect the run with Portis in the backfield.

2.) with Portis in the offense, the offense should make more first downs, have longer drives, and score more, meaning more opportunities for everyone.

Those are both accurate descriptions... The only downfall to having portis there is that now someone can score those goal line tds so I think Coles opportunity for Td's kind of decreases but his stats overall shouldnt.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:34 am

While it may be true that Gibbs loves the run game, what is also true is that Gibbs loves to win. I think he realizes that to win you need a passing threat. If all he wanted to do was run why would he bother getting Brunell? Plus one thing that has not benn mentioned; the Skins D will determine how much they have to pass. And last year their D was poor.
Coles, if healthy, will have better numbers this season. IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk