Jake Delhomme signs extension. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jake Delhomme signs extension.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MikeKid » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:44 am

Flux wrote:
maddog60 wrote:As for Delhommes production this year, I think its going to go down, mainly b/c the line took a little hit and I still think the WRs in CAR arent very good. Sure Steve Smith put up a good year, but I wouldnt want my #1 WR to be that small, especially w/ nobody else worth throwing too on the roster.

WHOA! One good year and people have already forgotten about Muhsin?!?!?! :-?
MikeKid
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:47 pm

Most of the time I agree with you guys, but this time I don't.

Jake Delhomme is a great QB, he is a standup guy, a great leader, a never quit harding working smart QB. Delhomme had only thrown for 0 yards near the end of the 2nd quarter then he lit up the Pat's defense for 323 yards and three td's. That is what I like about the whole Panthers team, they never quit!

You guys say that 5 year, 38 million w/ 12 mil. bonus is too much.... That should be the average for a NFL QB. Bledsoe, Favre and Manning getting 10 year 100 million with 25 million up front bonus! NOW THAT IS TOO MUCH!

The Panthers got their QB with a solid contract and they can still afford to pay the rest of their players, unlike the Colts.

Delhomme's stat's will not drop off. That was his first year as an NFL starter on a new team, new system, new everything. He will get better this year.... keep on doubting him and he will show you. That's my 2 cents.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk