Downgrade McCown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Downgrade McCown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingNothing31685 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:54 pm

NEVER!
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:33 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea, how can you downgrade someone who barely ever gets drafted?

He is a chic sleeper right now. I personally don't think he'd be too bad on a roster as a backup. They can line up three wide all they want, it comes down to the protection. If the o-line holds up over the season, he'll be successful. Zona o-line is a bit underrated right now.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:56 am

The kid has some talent around him but I wouldn't feel very comfortable with him as my back-up.Maybe take a flyer on him as a 3rd QB if you can afford to give up the extra roster spot.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:24 am

If you're a gambler, McCown could be a good #2 QB. He certainly has all of the tools in place with 2 studly WRs and a coach with a track record of high scoring offenses, plus a defense that will put you behind a lot. Mostly though, McCown can fake hand-offs to Emmitt **sarcasm warning alert systems to Defcon 5** thus freezing the D and giving him endless time and wide open receivers to chose from.
In the first few weeks your #1 QB should, barring injury, not be able to play himself out of the job. The Emmitt the Clown experiment should be over and he will either be gaining 2 yards per carry, injured, or miss time as his daughter's soccer season gets underway. Then McNown should be able to settle into the job and if he has any talent he will show it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby KingNothing31685 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:37 am

everything i read says the Cards are gonna be running alot of 3WR sets and the big reason Emmit is #1 is that he is the better blocker. I really don't forsee this team as running much. I have shipp as a sleeper now as he is falling in most mocks i've seen.
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:50 pm

I still think he is a sleeper and a solid #3. Stretch for #2, but he will get playing time and yards and Tds. Emmitt can't last. He will have to get hurt at somepoint and coast into retirement.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk