How does your league handle WW/FA? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How does your league handle WW/FA?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How does your league handle WW/FA?

Postby PhinsFan » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:33 pm

Title says it all.

All details/info is appreciated ;-D
[i]We are perfect when we lie[/i] - [b]"One Night In Spain" - Human Waste Project[/b]
PhinsFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingNothing31685 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:36 pm

I signed up for a league on antsports where the WW picks are decided by blind auction. everyone starts with 100$ not real money , everyone bids on the fa/ww player and the highest wins. i haven't used this system yet. I'm looking forward to it.
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Great Gambini » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:38 pm

KingNothing31685 wrote:I signed up for a league on antsports where the WW picks are decided by blind auction. everyone starts with 100$ not real money , everyone bids on the fa/ww player and the highest wins. i haven't used this system yet. I'm looking forward to it.

That one sounds like fun. I have only used the Yahoo method, first come, first served. Simple, but probably not the best or most fair.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:59 pm

After week 1 it works like the nfl. Every team puts in a bid, on Tue. at midnight players are awarded. Worst record, wins then points scored gets first choice and so on.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:47 pm

We have a 22 man roster and can pick up or drop a player at will, but they cost you $1 each so that limits how much you want to meddle with players that you don't really want.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby CKY_ROX » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:56 pm

ive only played with the yahoo one in which it is a freeforall

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:02 pm

My leagues do a free for all for free agents during the week. All free agents are locked during the games and then there is a waiver wire process done by reverse order of standings (worst team gets first pick, etc...) on Wednesday morning - Tuesday is for getting in your requests.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:11 pm

In my hometown league the WW/FA rules are by far my favorite.

It is based 100% on overall point totals. The team with the lowest point total for the season gets the first shot at the WW each week. And the WW is not open until the 3rd week of the season just to ensure that the worst team gets the first pick.
I think this adds to the competition and keeps all the people with bad teams interested in the league.

Each team is allowed 1 WW transaction per week, free of charge.
Once everyone has had their free WW pickup, anyone else is free to make WW pickups on a first come, first serve basis for a charge of $5 each. Trades are also $5 each.

We have side pots for whoever scores the most points in a week and whatever amount of $ in the trade/ww gets added into the bonus each week.

This encourages teams to stay active with both a weekly pot and a chance at the best WW pickups. One guy in my league started the year at 0-4 but managed to pick up some good players off the WW. He ended the season at 8-5 and managed to make the playoffs.

Another guy had a 4-9 record one year but actually won money because of the amount in the weekly pots he took down.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk