Roethlisberger - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roethlisberger

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:55 pm

I think Maddox will end up playing closer to his 2002 form with his incentive laden contract in the balance. Not to mention Burress is also in his contract year. Not only will these guys have to play with pride and determination on the line this season, but more importantly MONEY is at stake.

Prediction: Maddox is the Jon Kitna of 2004.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:38 pm

I wouldn't say your division is tough, I'd actually say its the weakest division in the NFL. If it all comes together for them this year, the Steelers could win the division.

(Although I doubt it)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:08 am

Kensat30 wrote:Prediction: Maddox is the Jon Kitna of 2004.

Thats a fairly bold prediction. He'd have to put up 2002-like numbers
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:49 am

MeShawn wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Prediction: Maddox is the Jon Kitna of 2004.

Thats a fairly bold prediction. He'd have to put up 2002-like numbers

And so will our O-line.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby zombiez » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:55 pm

moochman wrote:It's all about the O-line. Last pre-season the Stillers played the Lions and their O-line stank. They lost. Their O-line never were a ble to get it together and they had a poor season. If their O-line can play well Maddox will most likely be the man this season and put up decent numbers. So...how's your O-line looking?
......O line didn't play a full game together untill the last game of last year........finally they are all healthy getting ready to enter camp, which personally I think was the whole problem with the offense...well, a good portion of the problem anyhow.....play calling was a little asinine at times....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:55 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I wouldn't say your division is tough, I'd actually say its the weakest division in the NFL. If it all comes together for them this year, the Steelers could win the division.

(Although I doubt it)

I shouldve said tough defensively.

Anywho, our O-line was a bulk of the problem I agree, and it is looking good. If it can return to its '02 form, which I think is VERY possible, I think weve got a good shot.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:59 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
Azrael wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:If we want in the playoffs I would like to see experienced Tommy there. If Tommy gets hurt or we suck and cant get into the playoffs, Ben could get some experience in befor taking over.

I can't see the playoffs happening for us this year. We really didn't do much to improve ourselves and the division keeps getting tougher.

We didnt do anything to help?
For one, we got Starks who should fill the Tackle void nicely, and our O-line is finally healthy. We go DDUUUCCEE! We got a few corners to fill in. We got rid of Gildon and DW. I agree our division is tough, but I cant see where you say we havent done anything. '05 I think is our year, but Im not giving up hope yet. Oh, and we got BRo. I dont like Baltimore this year only because they cant win without an offense, and I cant see JAmal doing it again. And if Jamal is in jail, oh boy, and Ray on the cover? lets pray
Cleveland IMO didnt do enough, and Cincy I think will be tough to contend with,, but lets hope their inexperience on offense costs them

Ugh, messed up a few times.

Baltimore is the class of the division, bar none. They didn't need an offense when they won the super bowl, what was it 15 consecutive quarters or so they went without scoring an offensive TD that year? I should think their offense is better this year than it is last year. Their defense should be the best in the league this year.

We have the same offensive line we had last year, injured or not, they were porous. How did we help our RB position by getting a 30 year old guy? What's he good for...2 or 3 years tops? We really did nothing to improve our secondary with the exception of grabbing Colclough and he's behind Townsend right now. We still have Chad "I fall down when I'm beat" Scott on the other corner. Now we're throwing Polamalu and Hope in a safety, two guys who are pretty green. There will still be alot of growing pains back there even if they both are good enough.

We'd have to win the division to get into the playoffs since I can't see a wildcard coming out of our division. Not gonna happen. Our non-divisional schedule is extremely tough: @Miami, @Dallas, NE, Philly, Washington, @Jax, @Buffalo will all be tough games.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk