Gulf War ll - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Gulf War ll

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:19 pm

I just want to know the real reason why !
I suspect its more to do with Israel telling the US they wont allow Saddam to get his hands on a Nuke. Nothing about Saddam or iraq has changed since the Gulf war. If he develops a nuke, then Israel and the oil fields are at his mercy, in fact the whole mid east would go up in flames. We cant allow that to happen, so no matter what the UN inspectors do or do not find, were going to war.

This isnt about him being a ruthless dictator, hell weve supported enough of them over the years. Its about Israel and the Oil, not in that order!

Trouble is, Iran is also on its way to developing a nuke, so I have to ask, why not them too ? or should we just presume they will be next in line.

Western greed prevents us ever having a mediated long term settlement in the region, so we have to look forward to wars and more terrorism over the coming years.

Rookie, those people clapping and cheering were in Palestine.

God bless the USA and her Ally (The UK)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VIPER » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:16 pm

I think u hit the nail on the head Homeless. Him being a ruthless dictator does not have anything to do with us or we would have stopped him and many others like him a long time ago but it is just another reason to take him and his regime out and maybe slow things down a little over there!! But as u said I think it will be a never ending cycle...... :,-(
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cwebb » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:38 pm

What countries currently hold nuclear weapons?

USA
France
Great Britain
Russia
India
Pakistan
China
Iran
Lybia
Iraq
Israel
(some only suspected)

Israel is the smallest country but definitely has nuclear weapons and it's influence on the US isn't very small. So Israel is a factor, the oil? Yes, why else should Father Bush have defended Kuwait?

Oil prices rising? Happens all the time? A Bush signing the Kyoto treaty? Will never happen!

@those people clapping and dancing: they are homeless, they are being fought by a superior military power (Israel) and want back the land they consider theirs. They want it even by using kamikaze-like terrorists. They send their children with a bomb, Israel reacts with some tanks or rockets, just another cycle of violence!

I enjoy rivalries on the football field but not on the battle field! I don't even want to talk about this!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:58 am

imo

we have bigger problems at home.

takes an idiot to tell the president where his priorities should lie...damn shame.

This economy is pathetic (anyone out of work like me should know that) and actions by congress, the house of representatives, and the president as "our leader" are failing us.

I can't stand talking about it though. It pains me to assume we're forgotten, being that we're in his own backyard.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk