Offensive Rookies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offensive Rookies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:16 am

I think JJ will BUST. I think he will be replaced as the starting RB by week 6 at the latest. Why do people assume a rookie RB, who most scouts had pegged as a marginal NFL player at best, succeed in DAL? Just because of Parcells? Give me a break. Is that potent passing game going to spread the defense? :-t

KJ, on the other hand really is a top talent on a team with a potentially dangerous offense. Sure he splits carries with Pinner currently, but Pinner was a 4th rd pick in the 2003 draft and has a total of 3 games on his NFL resume. I say KJ has the starting gig by week 5. ;-D

As for Roy v Fitz - thats a much tougher call. Give me R.Williams because I like the colors he wears.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:24 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think JJ will BUST. I think he will be replaced as the starting RB by week 6 at the latest. Why do people assume a rookie RB, who most scouts had pegged as a marginal NFL player at best, succeed in DAL? Just because of Parcells? Give me a break. Is that potent passing game going to spread the defense? :-t

KJ, on the other hand really is a top talent on a team with a potentially dangerous offense. Sure he splits carries with Pinner currently, but Pinner was a 4th rd pick in the 2003 draft and has a total of 3 games on his NFL resume. I say KJ has the starting gig by week 5. ;-D

As for Roy v Fitz - thats a much tougher call. Give me R.Williams because I like the colors he wears.

I dont disagree that KJ is a talent and will eventually start, but Pinner would have been a 1st rd pick if he didnt get hurt in the senior bowl.

As for JJ, the expectations are high b/c Hambrick almost got 1000 yds there. HAMBRICK! If Hambrick can basically get 1000 yds, Im sure Julius can. And who would they replace him with? There really arent any other RBs on DAL. Nobody think JJ is going to get 1600 yds and 20 TDs, but he should put up a nice season
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:28 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think JJ will BUST. I think he will be replaced as the starting RB by week 6 at the latest. Why do people assume a rookie RB, who most scouts had pegged as a marginal NFL player at best, succeed in DAL? Just because of Parcells? Give me a break. Is that potent passing game going to spread the defense? :-t

I think on any other team you may be right. But seriously who are the Cowboys going to replace him with. He is the undisputed starter with no one behind him that can or will push him. Thats the only reason people are so high on him. I agree with you though he wont be anything special. I'd take KJ over him in a rooie draft. I think it's a bigger debate between Jackson and KJ. Who is the guy to take here.

As for Fitz and Roy, I like Roy. I don't know why just do. I can see Harrington becoming a better QB than anything Arizona will through out there.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:48 am

Watch Dallas sign another Rb before the season starts.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:16 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Watch Dallas sign another Rb before the season starts.

Yeah but who's out there that the Cowboys can sign that will really push him for PT? George may come available but I don't see him as being the answer.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:35 am

A. Smith or Stewart?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:05 am

Flux wrote:A. Smith or Stewart?

But really now can anyone see them doing a good job ever again?
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:51 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Flux wrote:A. Smith or Stewart?

But really now can anyone see them doing a good job ever again?

I dont think they will ever start again, I was just throwing out the names of the potential candidates. DAL does need a veteran backup, but I really dont see anyone availbale able to take the job away from JJ.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:21 pm

They could sign antowain smith or james stewart...not superstars but would add depth and could vulture yards and Tds from if not his starting job.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trap » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:29 pm

Julius Jones early in the season. Kevin Jones late in the season. I wouldnt draft or trade for either WR this year.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk