Most Overrated EVER - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most Overrated EVER

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:06 pm

Not sure Boldin has the substance abuse problems Glenn does.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:51 pm

i may be biased, but the knock on mcnabb is somewhat arbitrary. The eagles had about 13 incompletions a game last year. If you gave mcnabb one of those incompletions back, considering his receivers, more than conservative -- he breaks the 60 percent mark. Two of them, and he is at elite status.

it is put up or shut up time, but lets be serisous.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:00 pm

eaglesrule,
McNabb completed a TON of short passes, dont give me this crap that he is accurate, lets see how many long TDs he has with owens this year, and we will watch, and just like the past three years, McNabb wont put up, he will shut up.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:03 pm

that is absurd, the statistics show that. he was putting up jsut fine before he broke his leg in 2003. and was hurt this year too.

He has an excellent completion to int ratio as well.

I stand by that, he would be over 60 percent completion percentage with one less incomplete a game last year.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:00 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:eaglesrule,
McNabb completed a TON of short passes, dont give me this crap that he is accurate, lets see how many long TDs he has with owens this year, and we will watch, and just like the past three years, McNabb wont put up, he will shut up.

I would call leading his team to 3 straight NFC championships singlehandely would be putting up. He now has some help in TO, and if Westbrook develops more. The defense is still solid. If there was ever a year, its the Eagles time to shine.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:34 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:eaglesrule,

Yea, he was the best QB when he played in 2002.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:11 pm

I would call leading his team to 3 straight NFC championships singlehandely would be putting up. He now has some help in TO, and if Westbrook develops more. The defense is still solid. If there was ever a year, its the Eagles time to shine.

You say singlehandedly, however you then say with westbrooks help, dont you get it, westbrook is not going to improve on last years stats, at least as far as TDs go, and dont give me that crap about if there was ever a year, people, including experts have been saying that FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS
and every year, they are wrong, and if anything the door is even closer to being closed on the eagles hopes, especially when you consider the fact that they are probably in the toughest division in the NFC, possibly the NFL, thats SIX games that are not going to be easy wins, and as far as there defense being "Solid", i dont see any solid CBs lining up on the line, none. i guess thats solid.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:26 pm

You mean 2 games for sure. The Giants are pushovers, and I'll believe the 'Skins when I see them. And how can you predict Westbrook won't improve? He now has the fulltime job and he isn't splitting time with Duce. I say he has just as much a chance of improving as he does breaking down. McNabb was terrible the first half of the season, and they still played well enough to get to the NFC Championship. McNabb was not 100% during the 2002 playoffs. Remember that he broke his leg that year? As just a side note, who is your favorite team, Franchise Fan? I wouldnt be shocked if it was the Giants, Redskins or Cowboys.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Franchise Fan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:35 pm

I guess you cant tell my favorite team by my avatar or sig. Terrence Newman ring a bell? no? maybe Roy Williams does then? Yea, cowboys. And so what if McNabb wasnt healthy, I dont care how healthy a guy is, if he plays hurt, he plays, and his stats are his stats, im tired of people making excuses about health, like clinton portis for example, you shouldnt being saying, oh clinton is so good ill put him down for 16 games because he is healthy, until a guy proves he plays better healthy, then dont use it as an excuse, as far as im concerned mcnabb plays better hurt, i mean he did throw for 4 touchdowns in the game when he broke his leg.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:45 pm

Sorry, I didn't read your sig. Looking at it I know you are Cowboys fan now. Your just bitter because the Eagles have been to the NFC Championship 3 times in a row, while your Cowboys have gone no playoffs, no playoffs, first round exit the past 3 years. And this is coming from someone who isn't an eagles fan. He plays one game hurt all of sudden "he plays better when hes hurt". That is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. McNabb was amazing in 02 before the injury. Hes definitely better than whatever garbage QB Dallas will trot out this year. Eagles defense is weaker, but its no pushover, and Im quite sure they will stop that mighty cowboys offense lead by a rookie RB, a ball hog WR and a 40 year old QB. I really hope McNabb tears the Cowboys a new one this year after this thread.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk