Most Overrated EVER - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most Overrated EVER

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Franchise Fan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:55 pm

I hope that you get to watch the game, because McNabb is not a good passer, and Julius Jones will have a better year then your boy brian westbrook, count on it. And for you and every other eagles fan, here are some stats for you. The cowboys last year had more passing yards(and ypg) than the eagles. They also tied with the eagles in passing TDs(17) and completion percentage(57.6) so dont anyone tell me that McNabb is so good, when quincy who we all say is not good, actually out performed McNabb.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:32 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:I hope that you get to watch the game, because McNabb is not a good passer, and Julius Jones will have a better year then your boy brian westbrook, count on it. And for you and every other eagles fan, here are some stats for you. The cowboys last year had more passing yards(and ypg) than the eagles. They also tied with the eagles in passing TDs(17) and completion percentage(57.6) so dont anyone tell me that McNabb is so good, when quincy who we all say is not good, actually out performed McNabb.

Quincy out-performed McNabb? Hold on bro, you left out a very important QB stat. INTERCEPTIONS. Ill leave that one up to you to find. what else do we like about Mcnabbs game? He scrambles.. better than Quincy. I forget if Mcnadd missed alot of time, but im sure his rushing ypg is alot higher than Quincys.
If you think for one second that Quincy Carters game even approaches that of Mcnabb.... get out. Seriously.
You asy Julius will put up better #s than Westbrook? Maybe, but thats because the eagles do something called RBBC. I guarantee you Westbrook and Buckhalter will amass more yds and tds than Julius and any other back on Dallas.

If you're gonna post stats or make statements, make sure you cover the entire story.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:34 pm

maybe i dont want to cover the whole story, i want to pull a michael moore......
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:17 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:I hope that you get to watch the game, because McNabb is not a good passer, and Julius Jones will have a better year then your boy brian westbrook, count on it. And for you and every other eagles fan, here are some stats for you. The cowboys last year had more passing yards(and ypg) than the eagles. They also tied with the eagles in passing TDs(17) and completion percentage(57.6) so dont anyone tell me that McNabb is so good, when quincy who we all say is not good, actually out performed McNabb.

Ok, had you actually presented any logical argument other than unsupported bashing I'd have just let this go, but let's just look at your first statement. 2003, Quincy Carter vs. Donovan McNabb.

Quincy Donovan
QB Rating: 71.4 79.6
Completion %: 57.8 57.5
Passing Yards: 3302 3216
Passing TDs: 17 16
Rushing Yards: 257 355
Rushing TDs: 2 3
INTs: 21 11
Fumbles: 3 3

Hmm, oh Quincy Carter passed for more yards. That's lovely. Total Yardage has Donovan at 3567 and Quincy at 3559. So much for Quincy's advantage in yardage. And TDs, dead even, which isn't bad until you consider that Quincy turned the ball over 24 times! His TD/turnover ratio was 19/24, less than 1:1, in fact close to 2 scores for every 3 turnovers, whereas McNabb at 19/14 was nearly at 3 scores for every 2 turnover. Advantage: McNabb.

Oh, and just for those of you actually boring to list all the statistics than pathetically trying to make a bust at QB look good, Quincy threw 505 passing attempts, compared to donovan's 478, so he had better have more yards passing on 28 more attempts. However, McNabb had about 100 more yards rushing on a mere 3 more attempts than Carter (71 to 68). So McNabb is a lot more efficient with the ball by gaining more yards on less plays.

So next time you want to say Quincy Carter outperformed McNabb, crawl out from under the rock and actually look at the statistics.

btw: Get a life and stop trolling these boards attempting to start a flame war. I doubt anyone here(especially the mods) has any patience for your ilk, as this is one of the best regulated boards I've ever seen on the net.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:27 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:and as far as there defense being "Solid", i dont see any solid CBs lining up on the line, none. i guess thats solid.

Hmm, lets see, an injury riddled defense that was ranked 7th in least points scored on them last year. Now, they're healthy (not having 4 defensive lineman on injured reserve helps), oh and they've add Jevon Kearse. May just be me, but I'd bet with the money they invested in him that physical was pretty thurough. Oh, and they got Dhani Jones to replace Carlos Emmons (not that rotating defensive players has ever been an issue for them). Jones is not only younger, but statistically outperformed Emmons last year, so the LB should be even stronger (though admittedly lacking depth).

As for the CBs, you clearly missed the first half of the season. Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent spent significant time on the injured list. A whole 12 missing games between the two. Lets not forget that Brian Dawkins spent more than half the year out too. So that all important secondary that the Eagles don't have 2 main components of anymore, yeah, that wasn't around most of last year. The younger guys who will see playing time now, they stepped up and performed, because as bad as the offense was in the first half of the season, the only way the Eagles won was through defense. Oh, one more thing to mention. Reid drafted these guys two years ago as replacements (its all about cap management), and seeing how his planning has led to 3 consecutive appearances in the NFC championship game, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt he knew what he was doing.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:32 am

Gunslinger wrote:I thought this thread was about Santana Moss when I read the title.

You're not the only one. My most over-rated guy is Steve Smith also. He is a solid #2 or #3 reciever on any fantasy team, but nothing better than that.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CC » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:54 am

Flockers wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:I thought this thread was about Santana Moss when I read the title.

You're not the only one. My most over-rated guy is Steve Smith also. He is a solid #2 or #3 reciever on any fantasy team, but nothing better than that.

He's not being rated any higher than that.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:06 am

i am biased, but this absurd. Quicny and donovan don't compare. How often was quincy chucking in garbage time? seems to me the boys were on a downward trend.

The eagles corners aaren't that great, but they also played a lot more than people think last year, they played their share of games.

The eagles D was decimated with injuries last year, seemed every week we lost someone, let's not forget both corners, dawkins, mcdougle, emmons and others all missed a decent amount of time. That defense was piecemeal and they still were in the upper 25 percent of points allowed (incidentally the most important defensive stat)

So not only do they get the benefit of having some guys get helathy, but they get kearse oneto that. Losing those corners was why the eagles had that draft a couple of years ago that everyone scratched their head over. They will be ok, especially if our line holds up and the pass rush is better.

Mcnabb is better than whoever the boys will trot out, this doesn't even deserve to be discussed. But the INT ratio says a lot. Also look at the second half of the season, mcnabb's stats were pretty darn good.

Everyone makes a big deal about losing duce and the corners -- but the replacements have been getting groomed for a good amount of time now -- and then we add Owens andKearse and somehow the window is closing? afraid I don't see that.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:12 pm

Ok maddog, i see where your coming from, and after re reading all of my so called "arguments" I understand that much of my arguments are biased based mostly on the fact that i do not like the eagles at all, especially McNabb and Quincy, and I am sorry if I make bold statements with no supporting argument, I regret starting these "wars" and I turned my opinions into facts without any support. Im going to stop writing comments based on my personal beliefs and now start using backup with stats, thank you for your comments in helping me to be more efficient in my responses.

hope this confrontation doesnt lead to future arguments
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby osu4fan » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:23 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:Ok maddog, i see where your coming from, and after re reading all of my so called "arguments" I understand that much of my arguments are biased based mostly on the fact that i do not like the eagles at all, especially McNabb and Quincy, and I am sorry if I make bold statements with no supporting argument, I regret starting these "wars" and I turned my opinions into facts without any support. Im going to stop writing comments based on my personal beliefs and now start using backup with stats, thank you for your comments in helping me to be more efficient in my responses.

hope this confrontation doesnt lead to future arguments

Ive spent alot of time reading MANY message boards and chat discussions. Never have I seen someone be so logical to back off their statements and admit their mistakes so well. CHEERS ;-D

btw McNabb does occasionaly get overrated FANTASY-wise but Id still like to have him on my team.
osu4fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk