Bengals Want Kitna - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals Want Kitna

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:09 pm

I don't think Kitna magically became the answer to the Bengal's problems last season. The guy had one of the top trios of WRs in the league and 2 capable RBs. Not to mention that the average Bengal's game was a high scoring shootout affair.

Don't let the statistics fool you, Kitna did well but he was not great.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Kitna was pretty good near the end of 2002, and he put up some good numbers. He started to show he could do some damage when given the chance. But instead of noticing this, the front office got Palmer, and now they are in this posistion. Unless Palmer is a bust, then Kitna is going to be wasted on the bench. Maybe Palmer will be like Culpepper was in his 2nd year, but Im leaning towards no.

Sure Kitna did well at the end of 2002, but comeon, what did you expect the bengals to do? Go after Charles Rogers when they already had CJ and Warrick (not to mention they got K. Washington in that draft too). They took the Heisman trophy winner with a HUGE arm.

You have to realize that Kitna wasnt all that great before last year and the end of 2002. The year prior to joining the Bengals he lead the NFL in turnovers. That is something a struggling team could do without.

As a Bengal fan I look at this situation as a huge positive. You have a blue chip young QB taking over, and if he were to struggle, you have a great backup who put up pro-bowl type numbers last year.

Nobody expected the Bengals to finish 8-8 last year, and b/c they did well doesnt mean they should change their plans for developing a potential stud QB. However much I love them, there really isnt any way I see them going to the Super Bowl this year w/ either QB. But give Carson a year of experience and who knows what can happen in 2 years...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:13 pm

I actually thought they should have traded down a few picks and grabbed Terrence Newman.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:45 pm

Gonna have to agree with flux, no way the Bengals or anyone else knew Kitna was going to have a career year. They had to address QB. How many people drafted Kitna as their FF #1 or 2 for that matter? How do you know Palmer will bust if he never plays? And if he does back to status quo and Kitna.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk