Euro 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Euro 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:11 am

I had Sweden as the darkhorse, and was rooting for England. At this point I have to go with Greece - gotta like the underdog.

I knew France was overated, and that Spain would once again disapoint - they have won one major international championship in their history.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby javert » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:16 pm

gutted about england
donnie:i don't even know where he lives

music plays

frank: wake up donnie
javert
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby javert » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:18 pm

does anyone here own calcio championship football
donnie:i don't even know where he lives

music plays

frank: wake up donnie
javert
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CC » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:54 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Obviously there's not a major following in the US for this, but I did see that England and France both got beat. They always say France has the best team, so that is a big shock. The PTI guys said one day that supposedly two teams intentionally tied in order for some other team to lose out on goal differential. I don't think that's the case, but it's good fodder for controversy and hype.

Ya, not only did they tie, but it had to be 2-2. Denmark and Sweden did that to eliminate Italy. It was controversial becuase soccer is low scoring, and the odds of a 2-2 tie are very rare. But when a powerhouse like Italy needs anything but a 2-2 tie, it happens. :-b

Yea, whenever Italy loses it was either bad reffing or a fix I've noticed. :-? I hate listening to Italians make excuses as to why they lost. If Ireland was in it I would be cheering for them, but since they aren't I've been cheering for Overmars, Davids, Seedorf, Van Nistlerooy and the rest of the Dutch team.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:39 pm

Yeah, the Dutch team is cool. I like the super-neon orange uniforms they wear (at least they did in World Cup, the only soccer event I watch). Is that Kluivert dude still on there? I thought he was cool. I remember Seedorf and Overmars from WC also.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:46 pm

Kluivert is still there, the man is sick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk