Quentin Griffin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Quentin Griffin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:39 pm

I am stunned at what was just said. You just compared Quentin freaking Griffin to Smith and Sanders. Sit down.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:11 pm

Adlaw wrote:I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but being a denver fan who lives in Oklahoma I have a little perspective on this matter. Q is the man. Bell is the man who will bench the old man Hearst. But I promise this season will be Q as the starter start to finish. Yeah size! Can anyone say Barry Sanders? I you have watched Q for the last several yaers you will see one thing over and over again. Emmit Smith. He runs like him, he hits like him, and blocks better than he did. Bell was in a system that had two players. Woods and Bell. Throw it 35 yards down the field then hand it off. That's it for OSU.
I am sorry if I make too strong a case but I have seen it for four years now and trust me, I'm right.

I'm not even going to address the fact you compared Quentin Griffin to Emmitt and Barry, I think that speaks volumes about your knowledge. You didn't really make a very strong case at all, and saying that you're a Broncos fan from Oklahoma shows that you may have a slight (and I use that term loosely) bias towards Griffin. He isn't good enough to be an NFL feature back, and he likely never will be.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby osu4fan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:20 pm

Id love to applaud Adlaw for that lovely bit of Emmit bashing! I love it! But why take a stab at the best running back since Sweetness? What did Barry ever do to you?

Anyhow I have Bell im my league. Im sure Q will have a decent year but there is no way he is the starter next season and maybe not after this preseason. Shanahan won't tell anyone, including the three backs (4 if you count anderson) who he's starting till the last second. Thats how he is. Remember last years preseason? the year before? It wasn't sure till last week of preseason or week one of Reg. Season.
osu4fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FaMoUsXsTaRz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:15 pm

Cupertino_11 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:i think it will be Q's to lose. and i don't think he will lose it.hearst was brought in as insurance and as a mentor. Bell won't see much action this year.

Although I'd love to see Bell with his 215lbs and 4.3 speed get all the carries, I'm inclined to agree with Pete. Quentin will receive the bulk of the carries this year with Hearst to spell him for 5-10 carries.

Thats what I feel, but on the other FF site I post at, they all seem to think that Bell will be the starter very early in the season and it will stay that way all year. I think Griffin will have the job in the season opener and never look back.
FaMoUsXsTaRz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:16 pm

Okay, let's switch the question. Who will be the starter one year from now?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:19 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Okay, let's switch the question. Who will be the starter one year from now?

Ahmaad Galloway.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FaMoUsXsTaRz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:22 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Okay, let's switch the question. Who will be the starter one year from now?

Ahmaad Galloway.

Quentin Griffin.

HTH
FaMoUsXsTaRz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:22 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

Ahmaad Galloway.

My boy? Really?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:25 pm

clinton portis. The skins won't be able to afford an arena league squad.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk